Thread: New part!

New part!

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    I have waited on this thing for about a month and a half..lol But it finally came in today while I was at my intern. So once I got off, and got home, I cleaned the dash and put the dash mat on. Here are the pics

Before

After

Personally, I don't really like the looks of the thing. However, I could see were his useful in cutting down glare and reflections on the windshield. you seemed to like it a lot. Enjoy.

Ted

Ted's modifications:
    Stout B&C 4R70W automatic transmission w manual valve body
    custom paint, rearseat delete, some under hood work,

LOUD Member of: SmokinStangs.com-- www.smokinstangs.com

Quote Originally Posted by taronis View Post
    Personally, I don't really like the looks of the thing. However, I could see were his useful in cutting down glare and reflections on the windshield. you seemed to like it a lot. Enjoy.

Ted
    I would have rather got a new dash, but thats the 2nd dash thats been in it, and it done the same thing. And a mat is better than seeing them screws....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    I would have rather got a new dash, but thats the 2nd dash thats been in it, and it done the same thing. And a mat is better than seeing them screws....lol
    I've never seen anything like that happen before. What happened to expose the screws? I'll grant you that -- pad that you added looks a lot better than looking at those screws. I really like the fact that it decreases the reflections on the windshield. That's it I thought the purpose really was. I hate driving on a sunny day in seeing reflections on the windshield.

Ted's modifications:
    Stout B&C 4R70W automatic transmission w manual valve body
    custom paint, rearseat delete, some under hood work,

LOUD Member of: SmokinStangs.com-- www.smokinstangs.com

Quote Originally Posted by taronis View Post
    I've never seen anything like that happen before. What happened to expose the screws? I'll grant you that -- pad that you added looks a lot better than looking at those screws. I really like the fact that it decreases the reflections on the windshield. That's it I thought the purpose really was. I hate driving on a sunny day in seeing reflections on the windshield.
    Right were the cutout is for the defroster, the end that closest to me would start peeling back to me. So it would touch the windshield and the defroster would only heat that little part about 2 inches and the rest of the windshield is just left there. Me and my dad tried everything to get it to stay down, so he just ran screws in it and said buy a dash cover..lol So thats what I did. And I would say it would help on the reflections, but I have yet to drive it with it on, but ill see today when I head to school.

----------------> "Smokin the Competition!"
    Blog Entries
    Scooter.......I would bag the Shag.

I think a more suitable solution would be to hit a junk yard, and capture a direct replacement piece. That item is bringing additional, unwanted, attention to the area.

If your combating a harsh reflecton/glare you should also maybe consider some form of minimal, lower tint in the area instead.

We need to get you into a MUSTANG!!
    SmokinStangs.com......A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum.
    "Bringing Mustang Enthusiasts together like never seen before!"

SmokinStangs.com-- www.SmokinStangs.com

Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinStang View Post
    Scooter.......I would bag the Shag.

I think a more suitable solution would be to hit a junk yard, and capture a direct replacement piece. That item is bringing additional, unwanted, attention to the area.

If your combating a harsh reflecton/glare you should also maybe consider some form of minimal, lower tint in the area instead.

We need to get you into a MUSTANG!!
    If i would have gotten another dash it would have done same thing, like the current one and the last one. But yeah, if I got a change to get a mustang, I would in a heart beat!!!