Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Painted my brake calipers

Smokin 750HP - Member Mustang5L5's Avatar
    Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue95GT View Post
    Mike, I love how that blends nicely into the rims... The first one threw me off with the silver car... Then I remembered your other daily driver..LOL
    Are they done on the Fox?

The Silver car is my old 2003 GT. I traded it in for the Infiniti. I took the brakes off however and they are on the Fox...but i'm gonna change them up when i put my new rims on.

*Michael*

I painted mine also. Black. Also painted the inner hub on the rotor and the outer edge of the rotor. Makes a huge difference with the black wheels. Thought about red also but unless I matched the red to the body paint, redfire, it wouldn't have been a good match. The black looks awesome with the rest of the car I think.
    Last edited by gtcsmustang; 03-08-2010 at 08:50 PM.

'07 GT/CS,Steeda CAI,93 Oct. Bama Tune,FRPP 4:10's&K Springs,GT500 Struts,Hurst Shift,SLP Loudmouths,Foose Rims(20x10+39mm/20x8.5+34mm),Nitto Invo 295/35&255/35,Eibach Camber Align.,J&M Adj.Pan.Rod,UCA's&LCA's,AM Strut Tower Brace,GTS-3 Hood&Hood Shock,GT-R Headlight Splits,SHR Lwr Grille,Flush Louvers,Gas Cap/Medallion.UPR Ant. Del.,Hood Pin&Billet Strut Cvrs,Rad.Ext.Cvrs,Black turn signals,SRP Black Pedals

Smokin 1500HP - Member ToplessPony94's Avatar
    Yes, painted brakes are a really nice touch. All of the ones posted look great. Here's what I did with mine last year about this time. You can also see a lot of the MM/Bilstein coil-overs I did a few years back. Jeez, it must be five years by now - time flies!

Started with this:

Ended up with this, so it's somewhat obvious I painted mine by hand.

This last was taken before I did the black on the caliper brackets

Bruce (aka: "Stealth Fighter Pilot")
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool radiator, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil,alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, bumpsteer, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB, all LED lights

Smokin 300HP - Member slammit06's Avatar
    They all look good guys, I need to do this to mine. I went and took a hard look at my car after reading this and I need to do something because the factory look is hideous. I am up against a little more because of the 20" wheels and that I need to fill it in too, but that is out for a while because of cost so after wow I will pull everything off and start painting.

I am going to ask for suggestions because of the color of the car and rims. Do you guys think I should go with anthrasite grey like the rim or all black?? I hope noone comes up with gold for a suggestion because I think if that was the case someone is going to ask where the hydrolics switch is.

I say go with black. If you go gray like the rims, IMHO I think it'll blend too well and you wont really notice it. The black will make them pop just enough to notice them.
    ~Amy~

every girl wants a pony, mine just happens to be blue

Smokin 300HP - Member bullitt5177's Avatar
    Mine were factory painted red. Oh yeah. But, I do have to repaint them anyways. There's not much left on the rears, and the fronts are beginning to chip as well.
    -Scott

Quote Originally Posted by slammit06 View Post
    They all look good guys, I need to do this to mine. I went and took a hard look at my car after reading this and I need to do something because the factory look is hideous. I am up against a little more because of the 20" wheels and that I need to fill it in too, but that is out for a while because of cost so after wow I will pull everything off and start painting.

I am going to ask for suggestions because of the color of the car and rims. Do you guys think I should go with anthrasite grey like the rim or all black?? I hope noone comes up with gold for a suggestion because I think if that was the case someone is going to ask where the hydrolics switch is.
    Hey Joey, I agree gold would be too much! Black on your car would make the brakes stand out if that's the look you want. Or if you just want a cleaner look without drawing to much attention to the brakes and have the rims grab the eyes instead I'd consider silver. It wouldn't blend in so much with the rim that way but also wouldn't stand out too much either. If your rotor hubs are like many of the stock ones are at this point they're probably not very pretty either. I'd clean up the rust on the rotor hubs and paint them the same color as the brakes and don't forget the outer edge of the rotors also. I did mine that way and with black rims the rotors just blend in with the wheels instead of that ugly area where the rims mount on to the rotors detracting from the appearance of the wheels. Silver rotors and red brakes would be a choice if your looking for the brakes to stand out. Try to look at as many color combinations you can find online and in person to see which direction is right for you. Hide your brakes or showcase them? Then you'll know which color is right for you. Either way they'll look cleaner and with the painted rotors your overall apperance of your wheels will jump with a minimal investment of cash and a little time and attention to detail. Can you post a closeup before pic on here of your wheels? I've seen them in person but that was last summer. A photo would help.
    If you look closely at the pic below you see the area just above the rotor hub which is the rotor surface itself right before the area where the pads contact the rotor? I would clean up this area and paint it along with the rotor hub and the outer edge which is also nasty looking

Same wheel after painting rotor and calipers

Last edited by gtcsmustang; 03-09-2010 at 11:08 AM.

'07 GT/CS,Steeda CAI,93 Oct. Bama Tune,FRPP 4:10's&K Springs,GT500 Struts,Hurst Shift,SLP Loudmouths,Foose Rims(20x10+39mm/20x8.5+34mm),Nitto Invo 295/35&255/35,Eibach Camber Align.,J&M Adj.Pan.Rod,UCA's&LCA's,AM Strut Tower Brace,GTS-3 Hood&Hood Shock,GT-R Headlight Splits,SHR Lwr Grille,Flush Louvers,Gas Cap/Medallion.UPR Ant. Del.,Hood Pin&Billet Strut Cvrs,Rad.Ext.Cvrs,Black turn signals,SRP Black Pedals

Smokin 750HP - Member badass98svt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I did mine Red many many moons ago.

Joey, I actually think Gold calipers would look killer. They would look like brembos! I always wanted to try the gold with red cobra letters on mine. I just never had the balls to try it. lol
    1998 SVT Cobra #4941 of 5174 built on June 19,1998
    C:\Documents and Settings\PJ & Becky\My Documents\My Pictures\COBRA\bacbrasigji6.png

Quote Originally Posted by Jetgirl View Post
    Who's Ed? I just voted to have his babys... Was that a mistake?

Check these links. They have 3-4 pages of black and red painted calipers. May help you out. And gold might look good too if you could find the same shade as your stripes. Otherwise I would stay away from it.

http://customerpics.americanmuscle.c....php?sku=80400

http://customerpics.americanmuscle.c....php?sku=80401
    Last edited by gtcsmustang; 03-09-2010 at 12:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Quote Originally Posted by slammit06 View Post

I say Black all the way-it will give it a nice contrast...plus it hides the brake dust!!!!

I painted mine with a rattle can prior to installation; however there are kits you can buy and paint them while still on the car-brush it on. I helped Jim G paint the ones on his Mach and they came out nice. We used this kit for the Mach:

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/caliper.html
    Last edited by only5.0s; 03-15-2010 at 10:03 AM.
    1984 T Top Coupe-Coyote 5.0, 4R70W, Modified BBK Long Tubes, 3.73s

*Formerly only90s, but all the 90s are gone..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast