Thread: GAS Fisker Rocket (production)

GAS Fisker Rocket (production)

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    Well, the first production car has just been shown at Amelia Island.

The body is all new and all carbon fibre, with the exception of the roof and doors. It's powered by a 700hp supercharged Coyote. Stick a GT500 badge on this and I'd sell my soul........

----------------> "Smokin the Competition!"
    Blog Entries

I like ROCKETS!!!

I'm pretty fussy with Scoops, Ram Air Hoods, Black Wheels, and exterior /cosmetic bits, but this to me is a job well done.

The black wheels mated with this body style and of course the black paint looks pretty damn amazing IMO. Usually black wheels look a bit to racey to me (for my taste)...but I really, really like how this combo comes together. The ghosted in stripes & details are right up my ally also. Subtle goes a long way with me.

This is both subtle & striking visibly

Let's take a blast to the moon baby...
    SmokinStangs.com......A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum.
    "Bringing Mustang Enthusiasts together like never seen before!"

SmokinStangs.com-- www.SmokinStangs.com

2016 Ford Mustang Rocket by Henrik Fisker and Galpin Auto Sports

While Ford was busy making a huge splash with the 2016 Mustang GT350, Henrik Fisker and Galpin Auto Sports pulled the covers off their super-Mustang creation, the Rocket. But this isn’t a one-off SEMA late-comer, it’s the first in a series of low-volume Mustangs set for production by GAS.

Fisker and GAS president Beau Boeckmann first started working on the idea after the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance back in August 2014. The two worked feverously to ready the design sketches and performance upgrades for the car — and boy, has it paid off.

The Rocket features a substantially reworked body with a new front end, hood, and wider fenders — all crafted from carbon fiber. Under the Rocket’s hood lies the Mustang GT’s original 5.0-liter V-8 but with a Whipple supercharger forcing air down its throat. The spinning screws give the Coyote engine an impressive 725 horsepower. It’s all routed through the ‘Stang’s six-speed manual gearbox.

Fisker and the guys at GAS didn’t stop there. The suspension is updated with fully adjustable shocks, enabling owners to dial in the style of performance they want. Large, 21-inch wheels are wrapped with Pirelli P-Zero rubber.

The Mustang Rocket will be available in very limited numbers though Galpin’s Ford dealer network or the select hand-picked Ford dealers around the world. While the company hasn’t given any official word on pricing, the talk around the LA Auto Show floor put its sticker price just over the $100,000 mark.

Updated 03/12/2015: Galpin unveiled the first images of first production Rocket - a car dressed in a beautiful black with exposed carbon fiber racing stripes. The car was presented at Amelia Island.

Sourced via TopSpeed / Topspeed.com:

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/fisker/...-ar166233.html

Smokin 1500HP - Member ToplessPony94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinStang View Post
    I'm pretty fussy with Scoops, Ram Air Hoods, Black Wheels, and exterior /cosmetic bits, but this to me is a job well done.

The black wheels mated with this body style and of course the black paint looks pretty damn amazing IMO. Usually black wheels look a bit to racey to me (for my taste)...but I really, really like how this combo comes together. The ghosted in stripes & details are right up my ally also. Subtle goes a long way with me.

This is both subtle & striking visibly
    Couldn't have said it better! This is the first 2015 I have seen that I can really say I like. (Though I'm still not fond of that big mouth look.)
    Bruce (aka: "Stealth Fighter Pilot")
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool radiator, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil,alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, bumpsteer, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB, all LED lights

Henrik Fisker Rolls Out His Baby - Mustang / ROCKET (Video)

Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    As captured by TMZ in Hollywood.

This informative video can be seen here on SmokinStangs:
    http://www.smokinstangs.com/showthre...2935#post42935
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^) ||
    | S m o k i n S t a n g s . c o m | ||'""|""\___,
    | _______________________ l ||__|_|___| )
    (@!)!(@)"""""""""""""""""""**|(@) (@)***|(@)

SmokinStangs.com--www.SmokinStangs.com
    SMOKIN' Mustang Forum Announcements
    ---

SmokinStangs.com......A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum & Home of the SmokinStangs Laconia - Mustang Rally