Thread: drop spindle

Question drop spindle

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    does anyone know if someone makes a drop spindle for my 69 Mach1. I want to drop the car 2 inches. Unless someone knows how I can do it another way.

I dropped the front by ~1" using a set of lowering springs which I got from..Mustangs Unlimited I think. I didn't end up touching the rear which had blocks to put between the springs and axle.

Thanks for the info. I just purchased new front springs before I decided to lower it. I have seen people cut a link from the coil spring, has anyone done that.

Smokin 1500HP - Member ToplessPony94's Avatar
    Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo Mach1 View Post
    I have seen people cut a link from the coil spring, has anyone done that.
    Yes, people do that, but it's not a good idea as you lose the flat ring at the bottom and it's too easy for the spring to jump off the perch. It's considered unsafe by most knowledgeable car enthusiasts. If it were me, I'd post up the springs on the for sale section here and Craigs List and get the right stuff rather than trying to "mickey mouse" the setup. You may lose a few bucks in the deal but you would be much safer.
    Bruce (aka: "Stealth Fighter Pilot")
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool radiator, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil,alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, bumpsteer, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB, all LED lights