Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about possibly going from a Fox to an S197 GT

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    Well I did it. Put both cars up on craigslist and both were gone in 4 days. For close to my asking prices on both too. Yesterday I bought this and they delivered it to me last night.

05 GT with 88k miles. Completely stock. The dealer/shop I got it from deals primarily in BMW's and they had this car a LONG time. Tires are dry cracked so no 20 day plate but at least I get to pick the new rubber that goes on it. The hood is chipped around the edges like a lot of the early cars are, bumper is cracked at the very bottom on the RF, and it has a little clear peeling on the roof. But it seems to be a well-kept car and I got a good deal on it. So tomorrow I'll register it, order tires and floor mats, and my S197 adventure will begin. I'll leave the paintwork for next winter. I'm liking the looks of the california special bumpers so I'll probably go with one of those. It needs strut mounts too but I hear that's common. I'll probably put some Koni oranges in it at the same time before long.
    Proud member of Four Eyed Pride and SmokinStangs Mustang Forums:
    SmokinStangs.com-- www.smokinstangs.com

Nice! Congrats!!

Nice find... Get cracking on the mods so you can get it out on the road soon.

Jibber (AKA. Kevin)
    2004 Screaming Yellow Cobra

Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    I don't think any serious mods are in the near future. Even with selling both cars I had to dip into savings a little to make it happen. But yesterday I ordered GT500 strut mounts, new tires, a new serp belt, new remotes for the keyless entry, all the stuff to install a new stereo, and a blaupunkt single din head unit with bluetooth. I'm actually surprised how good the shaker 500 sounds stock. I've got some red mats with the tri-bar pony logo on the way too. Unfortunately Koni is out of the STR.T shocks for a few months so that's going to have to be a next winter project. There's a lot I have in mind for the car but I have to take it slow. Oddly enough though I really like the stock exhaust on it.
    Proud member of Four Eyed Pride and SmokinStangs Mustang Forums:
    SmokinStangs.com-- www.smokinstangs.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12