Thread: What the heck??? Logged Out - Inactivity

Smokin 1500HP - Member ToplessPony94's Avatar

What the heck??? Logged Out - Inactivity

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    All day today I've noticed that I seem to be getting logged out after just a few minutes of inactivity. That has never happened before and it's a real nuisance. Is this intentional?

Also, at one point today my password seems to have just vaporized in the system and I had to go through the process of getting a temp password and then setting up a real one again. This happened when I had been using the site only a few minutes before. Is something going on behind the scenes???
    Bruce (aka: "Stealth Fighter Pilot")
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool radiator, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil,alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, bumpsteer, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB, all LED lights

You need a new computer or smart phone...

Quote Originally Posted by dbrennancobra View Post
    You need a new computer or smart phone...
    If that's the case, then work needs to replace my 8-core Xeon 24GB machine with SSD. Not sure what they would replace that with other than a Cray!
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool radiator, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil,alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, bumpsteer, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB, all LED lights

maybe you have upset someone.......
    Andy

PRESENT
    03 Cobra Sonic Blue
    PAST
    95 GT Convert Laser Red clearcoat
    98 V6 Coupe Atlantic Metallic Blue

Proud Member & Enthusiast from the UK:
    SmokinStangs.com-- www.smokinstangs.com

All day today I've noticed that I seem to be getting logged out after just a few minutes of inactivity. That has never happened before and it's a real nuisance. Is this intentional?

Also, at one point today my password seems to have just vaporized in the system and I had to go through the process of getting a temp password and then setting up a real one again. This happened when I had been using the site only a few minutes before. Is something going on behind the scenes???
    Not intentional, and extremely odd/random. We haven't done anything here on the site and/or made any changes that would trigger what you described.

Has it been stable for you since?
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^) ||
    | S m o k i n S t a n g s . c o m | ||'""|""\___,
    | _______________________ l ||__|_|___| )
    (@!)!(@)"""""""""""""""""""**|(@) (@)***|(@)

SmokinStangs.com--www.SmokinStangs.com
    SMOKIN' Mustang Forum Announcements
    ---

SmokinStangs.com......A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum & Home of the SmokinStangs Laconia - Mustang Rally

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinStangs Mustang Forum View Post
    Has it been stable for you since?
    Yes, Bob, it has. Another odd thing is that, after it had become stable again I went home and my session there forced me to re-enter my password even though I had (at work) changed it to be exactly what it was before all of this started. Very strange...

getting logged out after just a few minutes of inactivity
    The SmokinStangs site is set up to automatically log out sessions due to inactivity after 30-Minutes.
    You had MODERATOR rights so that may have not been the case for you.

Your account has been set to SPECIAL MEMBER for the time being until we shake this out.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^) ||

---

SmokinStangs.com......A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum & Home of the SmokinStangs Laconia - Mustang Rally

Looking through everything, nothing is jumping out by way of "Red Flags," and all appears as it should on the back end.

You should:
    Clear your cookies & temp files from your browser, then restart your browser & log back in.
    Also check the "Remember me" box.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^) ||

---

Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinStangs Mustang Forum View Post
    Looking through everything, nothing is jumping out by way of "Red Flags," and all appears as it should on the back end.

You should:
    Clear your cookies & temp files from your browser, then restart your browser & log back in.
    Also check the "Remember me" box.
    I hear you, Bob, but not gonna clear cookies. I lose all of my customization on all of my web sites that I frequent when I do that and it's WAY too much of a pain to spend hours and hours setting all of those back up again. "I don't do that for nobody!"