Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2003 SVT Cobra, 10th Anniversary edition - low miles, never pullied

2003 SVT Cobra, 10th Anniversary edition - low miles, never pullied

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    Yep it's time. I've had this car for several years. I love it, but I just find I don't drive it much. Time to let someone else enjoy it.
    Posting it here first to see if forum members or friends want a swing at it first, before I craigslist/ebay it.
    Check out the Digital Storybook I posted here back when I was helping Bob set up this site.
    http://www.smokinstangs.com/showthre...iversary-Cobra

If interested PM me, or email jcam.nh (at) gmail.com.
    Post here or PM if you have questions.
    (Would consider trade: cash plus nice condition 1969 Mustang convertible)

Jim

---
    Black 10th Anniversary Cobra
    #353 of 10th Anniversary Cobras -- Born June 9, 2003.

Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time.

----------------> "Smokin the Competition!"
    Blog Entries
    Jim, I posted this on the various SmokinStangs social media feeds for you.
    Knowing the vehicle, owner, condition of care...I am happy to do so.

I would imagine that you will be getting some resulting inquiry's as soon as today
    SmokinStangs.com......A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum.
    "Bringing Mustang Enthusiasts together like never seen before!"

SmokinStangs.com-- www.SmokinStangs.com

----------------> "Smokin the Competition!"
    Blog Entries
    For those who are curious & made mention (via our social media channels) as to the DR's on this 03 Cobra....

PS:I know, & can vouch for this ride & the owner. No racing what so ever. When I say a babied TERMI....this is "just that."
    It's a rare concept....but true in this event. DR's added for greater street performance over the stock wheels
    SmokinStangs.com......A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum.
    "Bringing Mustang Enthusiasts together like never seen before!"

SmokinStangs.com-- www.SmokinStangs.com

Smokin 1500HP - Member ToplessPony94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinStang View Post
    For those who are curious & made mention (via our social media channels) as to the DR's on this 03 Cobra....

PS:I know, & can vouch for this ride & the owner. No racing what so ever. When I say a babied TERMI....this is "just that."
    It's a rare concept....but true in this event. DR's added for greater street performance over the stock wheels
    Yes, this is the truth. I also know the owner well and "babied" doesn't begin to describe the situation. Have no fears about the truth of what the owner claims - it is simply TRUE. I would seriously consider buying this car myself if I had somewhere to put it.
    Bruce (aka: "Stealth Fighter Pilot")
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool radiator, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil,alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, bumpsteer, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB, all LED lights

Thanks Bob!

I understand any skepticism about never racing this car. There are two pieces of equipment added to the car that -- if I were looking at it -- would cause me to question whether the car has been raced. Those being the Drag Radials and the clutch.

DRs -- they are for both better traction (even stock Terminators squeak the tires at every opportunity on the OEM tires) and for looks -- come on, 315 wide tires on the back of a Cobra -- they look great! When it came time to replace the rear tires, I got in on some special pricing with NHMC President Rick Lacourse. I got two 315 Nitto DRs for about the price of one regular street tire.

Clutch -- installed by the previous owner. He was planning on building it into a race car, but ran out of money and sold the car to me. If you've ever driven an 03-04 Cobra with the factory clutch, you know that it has one of the highest clutch pedal efforts of any production car. With this clutch it actually has less pedal effort than the stock clutch on my previous '02 GT. Makes the car much more manageable in traffic.

Just to fill out the list: Heat exchanger -- got it with the car. I finally had it installed a couple of years ago, because why not? Certainly can't hurt. MGW Shifter, just a great, great shifter. Magnaflow exhaust was on the car. Sounds great without being obnoxious.

Yes, it's true it's never been raced. Closest it's ever come is the Car Show Field at NED for ED Day or Tasca Day.
    This care is responsibly driven. I had no need or wish to take chances on wrecking the car or myself. Of course that doesn't mean I've never done stoplight blasts or driven it, umm... "spiritedly" -- it's a Cobra afterall. It would be more suspicious if I didn't!

if you have any questions, feel free to post here, or PM me.
    Last edited by SVT10th; 08-12-2014 at 01:36 PM.
    Jim

---

Smokin 750HP - Member Dennis O'Shea's Avatar
    I must say I know this car And you all know how I am about keeping my car clean.This car is in prestine condition and well maintained.This was Jim's baby and he treated like one of the family.Just a fantastic ride.And did I mention its "BLACK AND ITS FAST"

Bump and some pictures for those who don't know the car...

Mileage on Aug 24, 2014 -- 19,996

Forgot to take engine compartment photos -- but suffice it to say with no engine mods, only 20K miles, stored winters, and little rain, it looks pretty much like the Ford brochure... ;)
    Jim

---

Quote Originally Posted by SVT10th View Post
    Bump and some pictures for those who don't know the car...

Mileage on Aug 24, 2014 -- 19,996

Forgot to take engine compartment photos -- but suffice it to say with no engine mods, only 20K miles, stored winters, and little rain, it looks pretty much like the Ford brochure... ;)
    CONGRATS on the sale... sold it to a guy in PA? Saw it on the NH mustang club site.

whats next?

Quote Originally Posted by dbrennancobra View Post
    CONGRATS on the sale... sold it to a guy in PA? Saw it on the NH mustang club site.

whats next?

yep, guy drove up from PA with a covered trailer on Sat. Good deal, got my asking price, no bullshit.

Probably gonna start looking for a 1969 convertible. Not a 'show car", just a nice cruiser in good shape.
    Saw one on Ebay about 6 months ago, that I woulda loved to get -- was a red 69 'vert that had been made into a "Mach 1 tribute" (there being no such thing as a Mach 1 convertible) -- but this had the body pieces, wing, seats/interior and paint scheme of a Mach. Was cool looking and somewhat unique. Wasn't a bad price either -- went for 16k, I think.
    Jim

---

Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Dusty old cars has a nice 67! (Yes it's mine).. And it should go cheap!

Dustyoldcars.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast