Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Someone has tried to log into your account on SmokinStangs.com

Someone has tried to log into your account on SmokinStangs.com

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    Just a FYI, IP is from Russia

Dear Capriman86,

Someone has tried to log into your account on SmokinStangs.com - A Mustangs Forum & Mustang Enthusiast Community Based Website / Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 188.143.234.14

All the best,
    SmokinStangs.com - A Mustangs Forum & Mustang Enthusiast Community Based Website / Forums
    ~Jeff
    1986 Mercury Capri 5.0 T-Top 5spd
    1988 Ford Mustang GT

Yeah....some bonehead is randomly attempting to log in to the site via various members accounts.
    They are purely fishing. This bonehead/s has unsuccessfully attempted to log onto about Six (6) other members accounts as of current. Basically over the past Two (2) days.

As mentioned above we have confirmed that all these attempts have been made from Russian IP address.

Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done on our end as the system doesn't know who is actually trying to log in (the real you, opposed to someone else). You don't have to do anything different as a result, just keep your password info private. Experts suggest that you change your password, in general (not just here on SmokinStangs), on a regular basis.

We are keeping a close eye on the site as a result. Additionally we,have submitted related IP info and detailed accounts of these recent happenings (along with the site being recently hacked) to the various reporting agencies here in the US http://itsecurity.vermont.gov/Report_Crime.

Have been getting e-mails from several sites about failed log-in attempts..( not this one so far )

........" Chance favors the prepared mind "
    2011 GT500 - * SOLD * 776rwhp
    2014 GT500 - detuned to 780rwhp
    2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0

Same here, same IP address, on more than one forum (also got an email from YuppieRacing.net, IP address 188.143.232.144). Beware if your password is one of the most common P@$$word$.

Yeah me too. I got 1 email Sunday and 1 yesterday. What the hell?

Yup someone tried mine twice

Not exclusive to SmokinStangs only

Same here, same IP address, on more than one forum (also got an email from YuppieRacing.net, IP address 188.143.232.144).
    Cheap, thanks for letting us know. Members notifying and/or confirming stuff like this is a helpful tool.
    A couple other site manager, said the same thing to us....as they have dealt with it as well.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^) ||
    | S m o k i n S t a n g s . c o m | ||'""|""\___,
    | _______________________ l ||__|_|___| )
    (@!)!(@)"""""""""""""""""""**|(@) (@)***|(@)

SmokinStangs.com--www.SmokinStangs.com
    SMOKIN' Mustang Forum Announcements
    ---

SmokinStangs.com......A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum & Home of the SmokinStangs Laconia - Mustang Rally

Courtesy update from SmokinStangs

Just wanted to let the members/guests know that any/all "Password - Probing/Fishing Attempts have been unsuccessful"

This is why:
    - We here at SmokinStangs have done our part
    (Close monitoring of the site, Keeping the site current with the latest updates, keeping the members current & updated)

- You have done your part
    (By keeping your password private, and alerting us to any suspicious activity)

Remember, we here at SmokinStangs.....we will never ask you for your password info!!
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^) ||
    | S m o k i n S t a n g s . c o m | ||'""|""\___,
    | _______________________ l ||__|_|___| )
    (@!)!(@)"""""""""""""""""""**|(@) (@)***|(@)

SmokinStangs.com--www.SmokinStangs.com
    SMOKIN' Mustang Forum Announcements
    ---

SmokinStangs.com......A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum & Home of the SmokinStangs Laconia - Mustang Rally

I got this email too.

1995 SVT Cobra #182/4005, 229k miles, ported GT40s, E303, Roush stage 3 Induction, 297rwhp/295rwtq
    1996 SVT Mystic Cobra #1666/2000, 218k miles, cams, Todd Warren SRI, 353rwhp/315rwtq
    1993 LX 263k miles, 03 Cobra steering, 5-lug/4-wheel disc Cobra brakes, 8.8 rearend, T5 swapped, black interior converted, AJE/QA1 front suspension w/ MM coilovers

Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Wouldn't you want to ban that IP address to prevent them from attempting further tries?

I am still getting emails from attempted log ons, block that IP ;)
    ~Jeff
    1986 Mercury Capri 5.0 T-Top 5spd
    1988 Ford Mustang GT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast