Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally found my wife a car!!

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post
    You done well bud!!!! I wouldn't have let it go either if I had the cash, the cash to buy it wasn't the issue, but the future cash I knew it was going to need to make it right scared the crap outta me LOL

I thought it would be bought and flipped, so I am glad to see you with it Chet!
    Thanks Jeff believe me the money scares me too but it was such a great deal I couldn't pass it up...im hoping it won't be that bad? After doing more research on the car it gets even better...the story goes, it sat in a garage for 15 years and some one has already done all the hard parts of the restoration / quarters floors etc..the guy I bought it from put all new rotors / drums brake lines and gas lines fuel pump etc..it's a numbers matching 351C 4V and it's has factory a/c power steering...after seeing what they are going for all done I don't think we can loose??? At least I'm hoping not....you should come to our CarBBQ and check it out...?

2007 Evolution Shelby Vert / 93 Cobra w/ Grey cloth / 83 GLX vert

Very cool Chet !! Nice find.
    2001 Saleen S281 Convertible ~ True Blue Metallic # 614
    KB Supercharged ~385 rwhp / 394 rwtq @ 10psi
    1/4 mile 12.91 @ 107.67

Barry ~~AKA~~ B

Quote Originally Posted by Chet-b View Post
    Thanks Jeff believe me the money scares me too but it was such a great deal I couldn't pass it up...im hoping it won't be that bad? After doing more research on the car it gets even better...the story goes, it sat in a garage for 15 years and some one has already done all the hard parts of the restoration / quarters floors etc..the guy I bought it from put all new rotors / drums brake lines and gas lines fuel pump etc..it's a numbers matching 351C 4V and it's has factory a/c power steering...after seeing what they are going for all done I don't think we can loose??? At least I'm hoping not....you should come to our CarBBQ and check it out...?
    There is no way you can lose bro!!!

I would love to come but we have a cookout with my father inlaws retirement place to attend and with his current health, we can't miss it. If you do one next year, I will try to be there Chet, would love to come up.
    ~Jeff
    1986 Mercury Capri 5.0 T-Top 5spd
    1988 Ford Mustang GT

Blog Entries
    Any updates on this one Chet????????????????????????
    1984 T Top Coupe-Coyote 5.0, 4R70W, Modified BBK Long Tubes, 3.73s

*Formerly only90s, but all the 90s are gone..

Hey Mark ,

I wish I did sorry ....Unfortunately I haven't had time to touch it, with kids sports and work plus working on other peoples projects it has taken a back seat at the moment. I want to do the car right for Jen, don't want to rush through just to get it done?? The plan for now is to get our Mavrerick ready so she has something to drive and then finish our 93 Lx this spring. Maybe sell it over summer and put funds towards her car. Don't need two projects going at once.....

Blog Entries
    Makes sense. Looking forward to the results when you get around to it...
    1984 T Top Coupe-Coyote 5.0, 4R70W, Modified BBK Long Tubes, 3.73s

*Formerly only90s, but all the 90s are gone..

May happen sooner versus later....REMEMEBER A happy wife is a HAPPY LIFE..!!

Well since Mark reminded my wife about her car (JK Mark) here is an update....The fun part of taking it apart. found a little more rust than expected but nothing I havent been through before. I ordered all the sheet metal today and it should be here by the end of the week..It looks like th car has been painted a couple times but the original color was white. Either way its staying black with red strips to match our other car..So this is the begining and hope to have more updates as the weather gets warmer in the up coming weeks..
    Attached Images Attached Images

One good thing is the car has all brand new rotors, drums and brakes new fuel lines and sending unit in the tank. New floors quarters Etc.

The one thing I found that really pissed me off (mostly because I missed it and the thought that anyone could do this and think it was safe) the floor support on the pasenger side was spray foam and bondo...SOME people should not work on cars ...!!! All in ALL its a really GREAT start and much better than some of the other cars I looked at. Really looking foward to making some progress....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Glad to see some progress Chet.....still was a good find bud! Keep it going!
    ~Jeff
    1986 Mercury Capri 5.0 T-Top 5spd
    1988 Ford Mustang GT

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast