Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SVT 20th Anniversary Shootout - May 3-5, 2013 @ MIR

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lxfiveo View Post
    I think I recognize that car in the ad!!! I see you keep stepping your game up Jake...congrats on the publicity...well deserved! Saw your car in the ad for that event in the current MM&FF....very cool.

thanks...the NMRA is very happy to have these races and Im super happy to be part of it. Was time for something like this
    Jake
    Silver '03 Cobra Coupe Auto
    The first , 9 Sec Eaton Only Cobra AND The fastest , Eaton/n2o Cobra on the planet!
    9.82 @ 135 w/ a 1.35 - NO Nitrous!
    9.46 @ 140 w/ a 1.35 - Nitrous!

NOW - Teksid, 10.5:1, TVS @ 20psi
    9.17 @ 149 w/ a 1.44 <-- ouch!

**Click HERE for all my video's!!!**

Smokin 450HP - Member Resolution78's Avatar
    i wish there was a class for the boss's its basically the modern SVT
    2012 Boss mustang, UPR c/a, JLT CAI,kooks long tubes flowmaster axle backs tuned by DEZ RACING billet grill LS spoiler 302s HOOD 1/4 window louvers track key446rwhp11.51@119MPH
    1994 Mustang (PROJECT) 347 stroker, 4 bolt main SVO block, windsor senior cast iron heads, Forged motor built and assembled by DEZ RACING, F1C PROCHARGER Full UPR suspension, smoothed front inner fenders, expecting 750 RWHP on pump gas

----------------> "Smokin the Competition!"
    Blog Entries

Getting close....Who's going?!?!?

I think there will be a fair amount of SmokinStangs members going...including myself.

If your confirmed as going, please let me know as I'd like to get a list going.

Also let me know what your taking, as well as what you plan to do!! Which class of Drag Racing...to include True Street participants, Car Show, Spectate only, Etc...

If your looking to catch the attention of the mags, and/or the online (Digital Media) Mustang connoisseurs, this is going to be the perfect place & the perfect platform.
    I'm still standing by my original statement from when this 2013 MIR event was posted here---->This event IMO will be a BIGGIE this year!!
    SmokinStangs.com......A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum.
    "Bringing Mustang Enthusiasts together like never seen before!"

SmokinStangs.com-- www.SmokinStangs.com

Should be picking up the car this wknd. And finish a couple things and hopefully get ready to head down to MIR, Thursday. Should be an awesome event.

Smokin 450HP - Member Resolution78's Avatar
    We are headed down Thursday as well
    2012 Boss mustang, UPR c/a, JLT CAI,kooks long tubes flowmaster axle backs tuned by DEZ RACING billet grill LS spoiler 302s HOOD 1/4 window louvers track key446rwhp11.51@119MPH
    1994 Mustang (PROJECT) 347 stroker, 4 bolt main SVO block, windsor senior cast iron heads, Forged motor built and assembled by DEZ RACING, F1C PROCHARGER Full UPR suspension, smoothed front inner fenders, expecting 750 RWHP on pump gas

Looking forward to this

Blog Entries

Jonathan Roberts - Honorable Mention

Blog Entries

Speaking of honorable mention

AS WRITTEN & SOURCED VIA THE NMRA:

Check out the awesome turbocharged engine of New Hampshire’s Jeff Taylor (SmokinStangs Member - 5.4 notch).

The True Street competitor’s 5.4L bullet was assembled by Kevin at Karl’s East Coast Speed in Rhode Island and features Manley billet connecting rods and a set of Fox Lake-ported heads on top. Motivation comes from a 76/75 turbo and so far the car has been 8.63 at 163 MPH. So far, Jeff’s only made six passes on the car in its current configuration, and he’s looking for 8.40′s or so once he’s sorted everything out. Right now he’s working to figure out how to work the suspension on the the starting line using the Mickey Thompson Drag Radial tires. This is a real street car that is driven regularly to cruise nights in his area – and he’s going to be a player in True Street this weekend. Perhaps our champion?

Saturday 05/04/13 updates via NMRA / nmradigital:
    http://www.nmradigital.com/2013/05/0...yland-updates/

Sunday 05/05/13 updates via NMRA / nmradigital:
    http://www.nmradigital.com/2013/05/05/mir-sunday-updates/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Another Honorable Mention - Jacob Conant

Jake Conant (SmokinStangs Member - BAD03COBRA) was last years overall winner of MIR's VMP Terminator vs GT500 Shootout. Jake has been plugging away on his 03 Cobra, in his continual quest to improve. Jake has made some recent & serious chassis changes...among other engine improvements/fixes, and still getting a grip on the changes. Knowing Jake...we are confident that he will work the kinks out, and have this SMOKIN TERMI running "Straight as an Arrow" with newly improved overall ET's.

2013 / 2nd annual VMP Terminator vs GT500 Shootout held @ MIR. This is the final round

Jake may have not won 1st this year...but Jake certainly continues to re-write the pages of his continued personal success with his drag racing efforts.

Video of Jake running in the shootout finals:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinStang View Post
    AS WRITTEN & SOURCED VIA THE NMRA:

Check out the awesome turbocharged engine of New Hampshire’s Jeff Taylor (SmokinStangs Member - 5.4 notch).

The True Street competitor’s 5.4L bullet was assembled by Kevin at Karl’s East Coast Speed in Rhode Island and features Manley billet connecting rods and a set of Fox Lake-ported heads on top. Motivation comes from a 76/75 turbo and so far the car has been 8.63 at 163 MPH. So far, Jeff’s only made six passes on the car in its current configuration, and he’s looking for 8.40′s or so once he’s sorted everything out. Right now he’s working to figure out how to work the suspension on the the starting line using the Mickey Thompson Drag Radial tires. This is a real street car that is driven regularly to cruise nights in his area – and he’s going to be a player in True Street this weekend. Perhaps our champion?

Saturday 05/04/13 updates via NMRA / nmradigital:
    http://www.nmradigital.com/2013/05/0...yland-updates/

Sunday 05/05/13 updates via NMRA / nmradigital:
    http://www.nmradigital.com/2013/05/05/mir-sunday-updates/
    Cool write up and well deserved
    1984 T Top Coupe-Coyote 5.0, 4R70W, Modified BBK Long Tubes, 3.73s

*Formerly only90s, but all the 90s are gone..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast