Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: When and is there going to be a Smoking Stangs at laconia 2013 show?

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatentMan View Post
    I enjoyed the 2012 3-lap. ... 2013 or 2014... I'll be there.
    X 1,000,000

I and many others enjoyed both years !! The 3 Laps have been a huge highlight for me .. Personally hoping for more to come . but I understand and I know it's been a huge commitment by those involved. For me it has not gone unnoticed nor unappreciated...I am grateful to have been a part of both years and even happier to have great memories of good time with great people and enjoyed spending time with both new and old friends both years..

Maybe even for the near short term future its could be arranged as just a 1 day gathering @ NHMS to keep the "spirit " of the event alive with the informal Show & Shine , AutoX and 3 Lap event it could be a great foundation to keep the intent alive< i bet it would grow a much larger following over time... Seriously its only a hour plus or minus for most, others further away yes I understand but if held on a Saturday most could try to make a weekend of it or at the very least a overnight trip if they so chose . You can always head home on Sunday after a good breakfast and a quick view of the Beauty NH has to offer on your way..

Just thinking out loud...

Happy Spring 2013 !!
    2001 Saleen S281 Convertible ~ True Blue Metallic # 614
    KB Supercharged ~385 rwhp / 394 rwtq @ 10psi
    1/4 mile 12.91 @ 107.67

Barry ~~AKA~~ B

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MY-S281 View Post
    Maybe even for the near short term future its could be arranged as just a 1 day gathering @ NHMS to keep the "spirit " of the event alive with the informal Show & Shine , AutoX and 3 Lap event it could be a great foundation to keep the intent alive< i bet it would grow a much larger following over time... Seriously its only a hour plus or minus for most, others further away yes I understand but if held on a Saturday most could try to make a weekend of it or at the very least a overnight trip if they so chose . You can always head home on Sunday after a good breakfast and a quick view of the Beauty NH has to offer on your way..

Just thinking out loud...

Happy Spring 2013 !!
    Hey Barry..I have said it numerous times, but we appreciate your support and enthusiasm.

The issue with doing a 1 day thing at NHMS is the cost...we need about 60 cars at $50 a car to even break even if we want to rent the front lot, insurance, pay the club to run the AutoX and have the ambulance service on site. With that said...I have an idea that we can toss around for this year possibly:

-Meet up at Weirs Beach some Saturday early afternoon this season-maybe at the Lobster Pound....have an informal cruise in, grab a bite to eat, shoot the bull etc. Then late afternoon cruise over to NHMS and do a 3 LAPS EVENT....!!!!!
    1984 T Top Coupe-Coyote 5.0, 4R70W, Modified BBK Long Tubes, 3.73s-HERFOX

MMFF Feature Car April 2014
    Fox Mustang Magazine Feature Car Issue #10

*Formerly only90s, but all the 90s are gone..

Quote Originally Posted by only90s View Post
    Hey Barry..I have said it numerous times, but we appreciate your support and enthusiasm.

The issue with doing a 1 day thing at NHMS is the cost...we need about 60 cars at $50 a car to even break even if we want to rent the front lot, insurance, pay the club to run the AutoX and have the ambulance service on site. With that said...I have an idea that we can toss around for this year possibly:

-Meet up at Weirs Beach some Saturday early afternoon this season-maybe at the Lobster Pound....have an informal cruise in, grab a bite to eat, shoot the bull etc. Then late afternoon cruise over to NHMS and do a 3 LAPS EVENT....!!!!!
    I'd be on board for that!!!
    I am a Mustang Junkie & a Proud Member of:
    SmokinStangs.com-- www.smokinstangs.com

Totally understand the whole money and numbers to make it happen.. You know me, it's all about having a good time with cool people and cool cars !! My enthusiasm only comes from the people that are involved and attend!!

Personally speaking I would still be in for the day long event at NHMS even it it cost me $60-$70 for a day long event including the 3 Laps !! I figure most car shows and NED events cost to enter anyways ,some events even cost per person and then add in the 3 laps, which are priceless to me and even $60-$70 seems like a bargain. I just think a single day event at the track could really grow a following to build around.

Alternatively you could certainly count me in for your suggestion on the informal gathering , bite to eat and a late afternoon 3 lap event !!! As long it doesn't fall between July 20 -Aug 3rd while I am away on vacation at the beach I'm be on board for that as well !

Either way its just about time to stretch out the legs in the Saleen, who knows it could be today !!
    2001 Saleen S281 Convertible ~ True Blue Metallic # 614
    KB Supercharged ~385 rwhp / 394 rwtq @ 10psi
    1/4 mile 12.91 @ 107.67

Barry ~~AKA~~ B

Smokin 300HP - Member FREAKSHOW84's Avatar
    Sounds like a damn good idea Mark,especially if the coupe is there!

Soooo,what's the latest?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FREAKSHOW84 View Post
    Soooo,what's the latest?
    Hey Will,

I can't speak for Bob or SmokinStangs, but I would love to do something this year even if it was just a day thing. Although I am kind of beat up from the last two years and finishing the 84, so I don't really have it in me to plan anything this year..!

If someone wants to try and put something together I would probably help out.
    1984 T Top Coupe-Coyote 5.0, 4R70W, Modified BBK Long Tubes, 3.73s-HERFOX

MMFF Feature Car April 2014
    Fox Mustang Magazine Feature Car Issue #10

*Formerly only90s, but all the 90s are gone..

I'm really liking the idea of just meeting up some Saturday for an informal cruise in type thing and going over for 3 laps

Smokin 450HP - Member Resolution78's Avatar
    Anyone up for trying the track at speed ????

Or I'm headed to Watkins glen this year for a track day cost under 300 for entry .....

You can get full insurance for about another 300 that will cover your ride for full value if you in the fence
    2012 Boss mustang, UPR c/a, JLT CAI,kooks long tubes flowmaster axle backs tuned by DEZ RACING billet grill LS spoiler 302s HOOD 1/4 window louvers track key446rwhp11.51@119MPH
    1994 Mustang (PROJECT) 347 stroker, 4 bolt main SVO block, windsor senior cast iron heads, Forged motor built and assembled by DEZ RACING, F1C PROCHARGER Full UPR suspension, smoothed front inner fenders, expecting 750 RWHP on pump gas

Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Hey Will,

I can't speak for Bob or SmokinStangs, but I would love to do something this year even if it was just a day thing. Although I am kind of beat up from the last two years and finishing the 84, so I don't really have it in me to plan anything this year..!

If someone wants to try and put something together I would probably help out.
    what's it take to set up a 3 lap event at the track? with an informal cruise? Cookout(at a different location)? I wouldn't mind doing it, if it wasn't too labor intensive.
    Fast Pony Photography
    POC: Amy Duclos
    137 W Bow St
    Franklin, NH 03235
    PH: 603-455-3888
    fastponyphotography@hotmail.com
    Fast Pony Photography

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast