Thread: HAD an awesome time......cant wait to defend my spot next year....

Smokin 450HP - Member Resolution78's Avatar

HAD an awesome time......cant wait to defend my spot next year....

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    So after getting the car ready.... ie i had tires for laconia delivered to my house on thursday at about 5..... needed to get 6 tires mounted and ballanced and then also replace one wheel stud on the back of the car. oh yeah ...and installing a nitrous kit where tech and new england wouldnt see it....and no one else would either threw out the night... unless i showed them it. ( couldnt help myself ) anyways cars prepped 2 AM bedtime......... wake up 7am ...off to dez racing after stopping for breakfast on the way....

first pull on dyno at DEZ RACING mike hits the sauce and after about 2 seconds get back out of it and shuts down the car...... car goes into limp mode throwing throttle body malfunction code...... I re-flash computer and check the throttle body. low and behold the nitrous tube came loose and was actually in the throttle body. so after a few quick mods and re-securing everything properly this time, we try another dyno pull. the jet set at 60HP and the dyno is reading 100 more rwhp ( final numbers 549 RWHP and 517 torque )

off to check into the hotel....... hulling @#$%^ up from seekonk mass i make it to anchorage by the lake get checked in and remove stuff not for drag racing from the car and off to the racetrack we go..... making it to epping at 6pm ish

first round out the car bit so hard it stumbled off the line.... gota love new drag radials.... so raising the rpms to over 4k finally started doing the trick and off to the races we went..... for eliminations for our shootout i managed to get a gimmy first round i was at half track looking back and completely got out of the gas and ran a 15 on a 12.2 dial in and still won... where the other guy went ??????

next round i hooked up soooo hard out of the whole that i was afraid i was going to brake out got back out of the gas and lost by .0303 of a second ...... oh well was fun while it lasted...
    back to practice test and tune for my ultimate mustang challenge...... bottle armed and ready rpms around the same as the last round and ........11.400 at 124MPH.... and straight to the pits took out the bottle ASAP.... went back to street tires packed up and headed out..... didn't want them tech dudes coming over seeing a bottle sitting on the passenenger floor wide open and hooked up lol....

home for the night at the hotel pretty much passed out....went the wrong way barely staying awake

back up the next morning... removed all drag racing stuff from car, got gopro ready and headed out for autocross..... made a wrong turn on the way and ended up taking a dirt road on the way to the racetrack..... got stuck waiting till noon for auto-x so went out for pizza and back before the start. auto-x was fast and i have some videos for you all to watch for a minute i thought i was going to have the fastest time of the day untill another boss 2013 beat my time on his 8th run and then again on his 10th run...... we all got 10 runs at the course.

magic mile..... well was some fun ( would have been more without the rain ).... just really reminds me that i want to go to a track day again. maybe when this event grows we can add that to the roster although the pictures of the cars lined up before the mile was awesome.........

off for home in the down poor....thankfully EVERY ONES car is getting dirty not just mine for once. stop for steak at some country club......... AWESOME food wish i remeber the name of the place 2 miles from my hotel

car show day..... up early off to dunkin donuts....another driver with a gt500 comes in and i get directions to nearest car show..... hes on his way to NHMS for an autocross on sunday lol..... make it to the car wash and there is one of my competitors well ahead of me getting the car cleaned. Myself and my friend bob and GF Jennifer clean the car for the next 2 hours i make it to the car show about 1140..... last one of the ultimate stang guys.... my friend bob sais its better to make entrance anyways....
    get to the show and relize i forgot the video wire i needed for my tv.... park the car wipe down the wheels and set up dvd player with 19inch tv while another friend of mine ent and picked up the wire..... set everything up and had a 15 minute video on wrap around ......it seamed to be a BIG hit...... i plan on using it again.....

car show awards i win a 50 dollar certificate for dez racing...works perfect for me i dont like to go anywhere else....

awards start....... finally what i been waiting for ultimate stang winner i knew i had a lead but everyones car looked pretty dam good at the show..... so i had no idea who was going to win still i had to place well enough in the show to seal the deal.... and apparently i did...... that trophy is pretty dam heavy....... and es bob you can drink from it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jhMWU5y33c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbqXFCvRTXY

video that was on car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qINZK4lUsf8

431297_460360694003806_1756921534_n.jpg

display at the show.....
    2012 Boss mustang, UPR c/a, JLT CAI,kooks long tubes flowmaster axle backs tuned by DEZ RACING billet grill LS spoiler 302s HOOD 1/4 window louvers track key446rwhp11.51@119MPH
    1994 Mustang (PROJECT) 347 stroker, 4 bolt main SVO block, windsor senior cast iron heads, Forged motor built and assembled by DEZ RACING, F1C PROCHARGER Full UPR suspension, smoothed front inner fenders, expecting 750 RWHP on pump gas

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Jonathan...You deserved to Win...!!!!!!!
    1984 T Top Coupe-Coyote 5.0, 4R70W, Modified BBK Long Tubes, 3.73s

*Formerly only90s, but all the 90s are gone..

I got one of your runs from the stands.

little shaky because of how windy it was up there
    Last edited by Prokiller; 09-13-2012 at 11:44 AM.

DSS 331 Super Pro Bullet, Vortech V-2 SQ w/ Power Pipe, AFR Comp 185 heads, Performer RPM intake, AFM B-21 cam, AFM PMS, T3550 tranny, Black Machined TSW Nurburgring wheels 19/20s and stuff....

I was paired with you in the first round at NED. Spun my street tires at the line and then again at 1/3 to half track. Rear end started skating so bad I lifted out of it completely. I will have Mickey T's next time LOL.

Congrats Jonathan, thats an AWESOME Boss you got there.
    Last edited by jpplaw; 09-13-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    2009 Vista Blue GT, Brenspeed B326 short block, FRPP Stage 1 heads, Edelbrock E-force - 2.75 pulley, IW 18% OD Balancer, GT500 fp's w/ dual VMP Boosters, ID 725 injectors, CompCams 127450's, Kooks Headers, 633 rwhp/623 rwtq

Yeah it was deff a gimmi round .... I hooked up hard ......and got out of it when I saw you were so far behind...... Then I blew it next round.

I'm headed to the track tommrow night also for practice
    2012 Boss mustang, UPR c/a, JLT CAI,kooks long tubes flowmaster axle backs tuned by DEZ RACING billet grill LS spoiler 302s HOOD 1/4 window louvers track key446rwhp11.51@119MPH
    1994 Mustang (PROJECT) 347 stroker, 4 bolt main SVO block, windsor senior cast iron heads, Forged motor built and assembled by DEZ RACING, F1C PROCHARGER Full UPR suspension, smoothed front inner fenders, expecting 750 RWHP on pump gas

Congrats on the over all victory Jonathan...nice work and awesome car..

2007 Evolution Shelby Vert / 93 Cobra w/ Grey cloth / 83 GLX vert

Smokin 150HP - Member Quarterhorse 2's Avatar
    Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Congrats to you
    331 Naturally Aspirated + TKO 5-Speed = 9.86@138.3 and still tuning.
    In Car Cam> http://youtu.be/0dUrNuVALnQ