Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Only90s...90 GT Under Construction Again

Blog Entries
    Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    Fox was sold 2/2013 so build thread is done..!!!! well for me anyway..

A few pics of the tear down over the last week...most of the parts removed have already been sold.

----------------
    I have not found the suspected crack in the block yet, but I still have the passenger side Head on because the Dope(Me..!!) that torqued the head down last in 2007 rounded the rear most bolt and I cant get it out. I will fight it out once I have a chance to pull the rest of the motor in the next few weeks.

*The Driver Side Head Gasket was in good shape. There is oil in the coolant and coolant in the oil so I should know more once the passenger side head is removed.
    Last edited by only5.0s; 02-20-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    1984 T Top Coupe-Coyote 5.0, 4R70W, Modified BBK Long Tubes, 3.73s

*Formerly only90s, but all the 90s are gone..

Blog Entries
    Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    I pulled the motor and trans yesterday. I ended up pulling them together, because two of the trans bolts were giving me trouble so I decided to just pull them as one and separate them after.(I do everything basic..no lift or power tools-so I get it done one way or the other.

Thanks to my wife for working the engine lift as I guided what was left of the 308 and the T5 out.

Once on the ground I was able to remove the T5, Bellhousing and the Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch/Pressure Plate.

I was able to get a good grip on the rounded off Head Bolt and removed that easily. The 84 donated the 10 hole wheels to the 90 for a while, until this project is done and new wheels go on.

Only spent a few minutes, but did not find a crack in the block yet. Both Head Gaskets looked good too, so not sure if the heads were lifting or if there is a small crack somewhere in the block. Once I remove the cam, lifters and main girdle I should have a better idea.

Engine Bay should look very different when this project is done....

This will most likely be the last update on this project for a while. Once the 84 is 100% complete I will start poking around with the 90 again. I will start by doing something with the engine bay so it can be prepped for smoothing and painting. Also have a few minor updates to the interior and I want to prep and paint the undercarriage.

Then Eventually I need to decide what I am going to run for a Motor and Trans....!!!!!!
    Last edited by only5.0s; 09-30-2012 at 07:22 AM.
    1984 T Top Coupe-Coyote 5.0, 4R70W, Modified BBK Long Tubes, 3.73s

*Formerly only90s, but all the 90s are gone..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12