Thread: Obd cars and nh inspection

Obd cars and nh inspection

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    for a while now i have been mentioning how mass made it more difficult for a modified car to pass the emissions program and that nh was not far behind . on july second all nh state inspection stations recieved a letter via emissions machine and this is what it reads, im typing it out instead of scanning it.
    NHOST MAIL MESSAGE

TO: ALL INSPECTION STATIONS
    DATE: JULY 2, 2012
    RE: OBD TAMPERING

THIS IS A REMINDER TO ALL INSPECTION STATIONS THAT TAMPERING WITH THE ON-BOARD DIAGNOSTICS OF A VEHICLE IS NOT PERMITTED FOR ANY REASON.OBD TAMPERING IS SUBJECT TO STATE AND FEDERAL CHARGES AS WELL AS ADMINISTRATIVE HEARING.
    SAF-C 3222.04 TAMPERING WITH THE EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM OF A VEHICLE
    (A) FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS SECTION, "TAMPER WITH " MEANS TO PERMANENTLY REMOVE, BYPAS, DEFEAT, OR OTHERWISE RENDER INOPERABLE, ANY PORTION OF AN EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM, INCLUDING SOFTWARE, THAT IS INSTALLED IN OR ON A MOTOR VEHICLE.
    (B) IF , DURING A SAFETY INSPECTION , A MECHANIC DETERMINS THAT ANY PORTION OF AN EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM HAS BEEN TAMPERED WITH PURSUANT TO (A) ABOVE , THE MECHANIC SHALL REPORT, IN WRITING, THE DETAILS OF SUCH TAMPERING TO THE DEPARTMENT.
    (C) UPON RECEIPT OF A REPORT PERUANT TO (B) ABOVE, THE DEPARTMNT SHALL NOTIFY THE EPA FOR ANY ACTION IT DEEMS APPROPRIATE
    (D) IF A MEHANIC TAMPERS WITH ANY PORTION OF AN EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM PURUANT TO (A) ABOVE , THE MECHANIC SHALL BE SUBJECT TO AN ADMINISTARTIVE HEARING PURSUANT TO RSA 266:1 , XI ( A) AND PART SAF-C 3248 .

im mentioning this because im guessing that the state is getting smarter and im guessing with this letter coming out something else is coming down the road....keep it in the back of your and and ill pass along any info i get as well. thank you everyone !
    Last edited by PROTREE; 07-11-2012 at 07:57 PM.

what year cars would this affect..

Smokin 1500HP - Member ToplessPony94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4 notch View Post
    what year cars would this affect..
    Sounds like something obvious (like disabling or removing an air pump) would apply for all years. Realistically I would expect that the chipping/tuning part would only apply to OBD II cars unless they expect the inspectors to pull out an OBD I computer and look to see if it's been modified in any way. So much for Live Free or Die.

Thanks for the heads up Dana!
    Bruce (aka: "Stealth Fighter Pilot")
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool radiator, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil,alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, bumpsteer, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB, all LED lights

Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    ........its the word software thats had me concerned for a while now.