Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Back To The Turtle Ice, what do you use?

Back To The Turtle Ice, what do you use?

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    I am back to using the turtle ice car wash, I keep trying other products but keep ending up back with the turtle. What are other products anyone is using?

Smokin 1500HP - Member ToplessPony94's Avatar
    I use Griot's Best of Show wax and freshen it up betweeen those with their Spray-on Wax. (So busy with PFH this year so far that Spray-on is all it's gotten, but that will change soon.)

www.GriotsGarage.com
    Last edited by ToplessPony94; 05-05-2012 at 03:03 PM.
    Bruce (aka: "Stealth Fighter Pilot")
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool radiator, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil,alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, bumpsteer, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB, all LED lights

Smokin 500HP - Member chachee52's Avatar
    I use the ICE spray before taking it out. I can't complain about it.
    This year my car hasn't had any pampering on the outside though. Just some tuning to the engine.
    Max GOT a trophy

not sure if i ave tried that yet, will look for it

Killa -- with that nice black paint, you want a nice deep finish. For dark colored cars, I'm not a fan of the Ice products. All shine, no depth.

For a deep shine, you really need to use a true carnuba wax. The polymer stuff is fast and easy, but doesn't give that rich shine you can "reach into".

For normal auto-parts counter products, there's nothing wrong with Mothers or Maguiers. I use a multi-layer method of either Klasse All-in-one topped with P21 Carnuba. Or Collomite 845 insulator wax, followed by the P21. All can be found online. Don't be scared of the price -- all of them will last for a few seasons.
    P21 is very soft. It looks incredible, but has no staying power -- a couple of weeks max. You want to apply it only for shows.

Also, if you don't clay bar now, try it -- it's probably the single biggest improvement you can make to your finish. And it's easy, fast and nearly impossible to do anything to damage the paint.
    Jim

---
    Black 10th Anniversary Cobra
    #353 of 10th Anniversary Cobras -- Born June 9, 2003.

Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time.

I use Meguire's Gold Class. Has a great shine and adds some amount of depth. I agree with jim on the clay bar it gets rid of all types of slight imperfections. Great stuff!!

Smokin 1500HP - Member ToplessPony94's Avatar
    Interesting, Jim; we liked a lot of the same products. I used to use Maguiers, then moved on to Mothers, then to Klasse. I loved a lot of Griot's other products so I tried his wax and I've never looked back. Of course, my Laser Red is a dark-ish paint, but not as dark as black. The results may be different on black.

www.GriotsGarage.com
    Bruce (aka: "Stealth Fighter Pilot")
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool radiator, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil,alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, bumpsteer, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB, all LED lights

I have been using only Adams Polishes ever since I went to one of their detailing clinics. My '07 Vista Blue is a daily Driver in CT and it has 77k but looks as shiny as the day it was on the showroom floor. I think they have one of the best detail sprays, but you first need to Clay -> polish -> sealant -> glaze -> wax the detail spray as needed. Also I use the Super VRT (vinyl, rubber, tire) that shines like no other with no sling and lasts for weeks.

http://www.adamspolishes.com

I have a professional hand glaze from Malco then use Mother's pure Carnuaba with NO CLEANERS!!! Cleaner wax on black makes swirls

Smokin 1500HP - Member TorchRedSVT's Avatar
    Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    lots of good info in this thread....single most important product I'd recomend is a carnubay wax. I'd recomend you stick with Jim's suggestions.......

Stay away from the over the counter products, they are all sub par compared to everything else thats out there. I'd recomend Pinnacle Souveran wax, it's not cheap but it works awesome and lasts along time. Only pure carnuba I use

Just like Ed said, save teh cleaner waxes for the daily drivers!!
    --- Ian ---
    2003 SVT Cobra 10th Anniversary Edition -- The Show Car
    1989 LX Vert -- The Cruiser - Sold But Never Forgotten
    2010 GMC Terrain -- The Daily

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast