View Poll Results: Which wheels for this car?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • 17 x 9.5 ROH ZS wheels

1 25.00%
  • 17 x 9 ROH RT wheels

2 50.00%
  • Something else?

1 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobraman1024's Calypso Green '93 LX hatchback project

Cobraman1024's Calypso Green '93 LX hatchback project

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    So I bought this car back in October of 2010; my fiance and I's anniversary, the 24th to be exact lol..........It was purchased in Auburndale, Florida for the paltry sum of $500. A 2.3L 4-banger with the A4LD automatic slushbox. Oh and 237,000 miles. Here it is the day I picked it up:

Engine pictures:

Added some Screamin' Demon Ignition coils that I got from a junkyard for $20:

Oilpan gasket install:

The interior literally looked like crap:

My first project was restoring the window trim:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

REAR Window:

Next was the A4LD to T5 conversion. This was completed January 28th, 2011.

A4LD:

Clutch and flywheel installation:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cobraman1024; 03-24-2012 at 02:56 PM.

The unusual clutch linkage for the 2.3L Mustang:

On February 2nd, I completed the "Ranger header" install and EGR system delete:

Before:

After:

June 2011, the five-lug 4-wheel disc brake conversion:

Powdercoated OEM control arms with new balljoints and Energy Suspension poly bushings installed, the old spindles from my '95 Cobra powdercoated gloss black too:

New struts, rotors, caliper brackets, spindles and a-arms installed:

8.8 rearend with 3.27 gears from a '94 GT. New diff side bushings installed and freshly painted gloss black:

Newly installed '03 Cobra rack and pinion:

Specially fabricated steering shaft to join the '03 Cobra rack to the Fox steering column:

I've got a whole lot more pictures and updates to post up here........just as soon as I figure out how to move ALL of the pictures from my iPhone to my laptop.........

So I'm stuck in trying to figure out which wheels for this car. I have nearly all of the components required to replace my current SN95 brake setup with a full-on Cobra brake setup; I just need a set of 17" wheels to fit around the calipers.

I found these deals on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140528995325...84.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140529014737...84.m1438.l2649

Which set do I go with?
    I haven't found any pictures of the RT style on a Fox LX car yet. I have found plenty of pictures of the ZS style on Fox cars.
    The RT style seems like it would work better; the rims are of a 9" width and the tires come out to a 24.4" diameter------less of a chance of scrubbing right? Plus, the fiance likes these wheels better than the ZS style :)

The ZS style has 9.5" width rims all around and the tire diameter is 25" .......supposedly you don't start to have scrubbing problems until full lock steering with tires that are 25.5" or larger in diameter.

Opinions??

These are th 15" rims currently on the car with the SN95 four-wheel disc brakes:

Last edited by Cobraman1024; 03-24-2012 at 03:10 PM.

I like the chrome 04 COBRA wheels on that car and put something new on the Mystic just to change it up

I like the ROH RT wheels. They are different enough without being ugly!! Like um

The 04 Cobra wheels were my first choice for this car but the satin finish, not the chrome version. I could ask Nikki what she thinks about changing up the rims on the Mystic.........that car will be paid of within the next few weeks :D

Just remembered that all four 04 Cobra wheels on the Mystic have 275/40-17 size tires. That's going to be tricky to fit under the front end of the fox. The other option is to swap tires with the new Roh rims as the 275s would fit better than the 255s or 235s that are on them (depending which set I get). I just hope that the rumors aren't true that the clearcoat on the Roh wheels is very thin so it's easy to scratch them.
    Last edited by Cobraman1024; 03-24-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraman1024 View Post
    I just hope that the rumors aren't true that the clearcoat on the Roh wheels is very thin so it's easy to scratch them.
    A really long time ago I had the ROH ZR6 and they were fine

New Roh RT wheels installed:

Tokico Illumina struts and shocks installed......

The front Cobra brakes installed..........

View of the front after swapping out the cut 4-cylinder front springs for a pair of Steeda Sport springs. The Steeda Sports were removed from my '95 Cobra when I did the Maximum Motorsports coilovers on it.

1995 SVT Cobra #182/4005, 229k miles, ported GT40s, E303, Roush stage 3 Induction, 297rwhp/295rwtq
    1996 SVT Mystic Cobra #1666/2000, 218k miles, cams, Todd Warren SRI, 353rwhp/315rwtq
    1993 LX 263k miles, 03 Cobra steering, 5-lug/4-wheel disc Cobra brakes, 8.8 rearend, T5 swapped, black interior converted, AJE/QA1 front suspension w/ MM coilovers

After a fun-filled week installing the following parts:

--FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft
    --Maximum Motorsports rear lower control arms
    --correct fox-length rear axles
    --Cobra rear brakes with Speed Bleeder screws
    --new drilled rotors on all four corners
    --Maximum Motorsports/Stop-Tech braided stainless steel brake hoses for the rear
    --new polyurethane rear spring isolators

I have a few pictures lol......oh yeah and I had to piece together a new exhaust system aft of the catalytic converter section. The exhaust stuff only cost me about $80 from AutoZone and I got to put it together myself.

And last but not least, the final pictures after installing the set of Ford original 17x9 satin '03 Cobra rims that I bought from Ted "Taronis" on here a couple of weeks ago. They are being used as "winter" wheels because Roh's have summer only Toyo R1R tires on them. Those things cleaned up really nicely! Tire size on all four are Kumho Ecsta Supra 275/40-17. With the factory control arms and factory k-member, the tires only scrub the rear part of the splash shield when turned full lock to the left or right.

Last edited by Cobraman1024; 10-05-2012 at 11:35 PM.

1995 SVT Cobra #182/4005, 229k miles, ported GT40s, E303, Roush stage 3 Induction, 297rwhp/295rwtq
    1996 SVT Mystic Cobra #1666/2000, 218k miles, cams, Todd Warren SRI, 353rwhp/315rwtq
    1993 LX 263k miles, 03 Cobra steering, 5-lug/4-wheel disc Cobra brakes, 8.8 rearend, T5 swapped, black interior converted, AJE/QA1 front suspension w/ MM coilovers

Smokin 1500HP - Member ToplessPony94's Avatar
    Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Looking really nice! You will love that rear setup. I notice you referred to the Cobra rims as winter wheels. I had those same Kumho tires prior to my NT-05s. They worked rather well in 3 seasons, but they were a disaster in the winter. I couldn't even back up the very slight incline of my driveway if there was even a hint of snow or ice. You probably already know that, but I wouldn't want anything to happen and then wish I'd said it. Of course, the NT-05s are no prize in the winter either!
    Bruce (aka: "Stealth Fighter Pilot")
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool radiator, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil,alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, bumpsteer, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB, all LED lights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast