Thread: Expedition gets an aero wing

Smokin 150HP - Member Quarterhorse 2's Avatar

Expedition gets an aero wing

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    Getting my Expedtion up for the task to tow my enclosed trailer. So far I put in airlift bags to sit level, added a sway control and now this...Big tranny cooler is next! I've never seen one on an Expedition but it actually looks pretty good, plus it's closer to the trailer for optimum efficiency unlike on a pick up truck...I found it on Craigslist and I couldn't pass it up for a $100. This suckers big 57 inches. I had to relocate the mounting brackets, but now they bolt right to the factory roof rail tracks. I have to polish it up and it should be good to go...I need all the aero help I can get towing with a little 4.6

331 Naturally Aspirated + TKO 5-Speed = 9.86@138.3 and still tuning.
    In Car Cam> http://youtu.be/0dUrNuVALnQ

Smokin 200HP - Member SPUDS MACH 1's Avatar
    That should give ya some down force

Smokin 100HP - Member chasetopher's Avatar
    Have you figured out if there is a noticeable difference/improvement in your towing mpg? I'd assume that thing would be a bit of drag (no pun intended) if left on when not towing...
    '89 LX Hatch, Saleen Wing, Balanced 306 with some goodies, Edelbrock RPM Heads and Intake, 3.73's, other stuff

Smokin 150HP - Member Quarterhorse 2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chasetopher View Post
    Have you figured out if there is a noticeable difference/improvement in your towing mpg? I'd assume that thing would be a bit of drag (no pun intended) if left on when not towing...
    I only use the Expedition for towing so it won't matter...Ni I have not towed with it yet but it should help with less drag on the trailer and should be more stable at highway speeds.
    331 Naturally Aspirated + TKO 5-Speed = 9.86@138.3 and still tuning.
    In Car Cam> http://youtu.be/0dUrNuVALnQ

Smokin 100HP - Member chasetopher's Avatar
    Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Ah gotcha. My towing vehicle is my daily driver so no airflow improvements for pulling my box behind. I've always wanted to get a cap to push some air up and over and see if it helps with towing mileage.
    '89 LX Hatch, Saleen Wing, Balanced 306 with some goodies, Edelbrock RPM Heads and Intake, 3.73's, other stuff