Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Chet-b's 93 lx project

Smokin 1500HP - Member ToplessPony94's Avatar
    Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    Great work! Can't wait to see it done!
    Bruce (aka: "Stealth Fighter Pilot")
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool radiator, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil,alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, bumpsteer, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB, all LED lights

Quote Originally Posted by foxystang View Post
    What did you spray behind the inner fender panels to prevent it from rusting from the inside out?

This is a long-term plan for me to smooth and tuck my engine bay.
    I sprayed rust sealer on underside then just removed where I was welded.....picked some more welding gas up today so I should have finished up by the end of the week...

Thanks guys!!

2007 Evolution Shelby Vert / 93 Cobra w/ Grey cloth / 83 GLX vert

Smokin 1500HP - Member TorchRedSVT's Avatar
    I was going to text you over the weekend to see how things were going!

Progress is coming along nicely!!!
    --- Ian ---
    2003 SVT Cobra 10th Anniversary Edition -- The Show Car
    1989 LX Vert -- The Cruiser - Sold But Never Forgotten
    2010 GMC Terrain -- The Daily

update 4/2

Finished fire wall and upper rad support. Just waiting on some pieces to finish up...mocked up Cold air intake for S/C...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Looks Great....!!

Wish I had your skills and talents.
    1984 T Top Coupe-Coyote 5.0, 4R70W, Modified BBK Long Tubes, 3.73s

*Formerly only90s, but all the 90s are gone..

more parts

Battle boxes showed up today......very nice quality and look like a straight forward install...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Smokin 1500HP - Member ToplessPony94's Avatar
    Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chet-b View Post
    Battle boxes showed up today......very nice quality and look like a straight forward install...
    Good Luck! I hope for your sake it is. Mine wasn't.

I just finished doing the same thing on my 94 and it was a nightmare. Some of the bolts I needed to remove hadn't moved in 19 years and were very happy about staying right where they were! Drilling required longer drill bits than I had available at the time to reach through the floor pan. Of course, I also decoded to replace the upper control arms and axle housing bushings at the same time. I decided to go with double adjustable upper arms with spherical bushings on the chassis end. If you're not too far away, I have the tool to remove and properly reinstall the axle housing bushings. It inserts the new ones to exactly the right depth. Let me know if you want to borrow it.

I also had to re-route the ABS cabling because they run it right through the lower torque box on my car. You won't have that problem. It got pretty scary (for me anyway) when I heard the floor pan collapsing when I torqued down the bolts for the upper torque box plate.
    Bruce (aka: "Stealth Fighter Pilot")
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool radiator, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil,alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, bumpsteer, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB, all LED lights

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678