Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chet-b's 93 lx project

Chet-b's 93 lx project

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    Well here is my attempt at a build thread? I purchased the car in March of this year with the plan of making it a drag car because of my son and the color/interior combo we decided to make it a street/strip toy. Like every project we have ideas and plans but nothing is for sure yet except the engine combo

The engine is a 306 with GT-40X heads.. it seems it has full studs thru out. Trick flow upper and lower..Vortech with a air to air.

Silver exterior with sunroof and black interior. It has some rust issues nothing major, frame rails are perfect...mostly scale from harsh NE weather on floor pan.

Here are some pics of what it looked like when i got it and after we started pulling it apart after mocking up the air to air piping.The plan is to pull the engine and trans next week end and start the cleaning process.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2007 Evolution Shelby Vert / 93 Cobra w/ Grey cloth / 83 GLX vert

Looks good Chet. Keep us updated on the progress of this build.

Jibber (AKA. Kevin)
    2004 Screaming Yellow Cobra

Blog Entries
    Subscribing....great project..Keep us posted...Good Luck
    1984 T Top Coupe-Coyote 5.0, 4R70W, Modified BBK Long Tubes, 3.73s

*Formerly only90s, but all the 90s are gone..

Smokin 1500HP - Member TorchRedSVT's Avatar
    looks good chet....glad to see you guys finally get going on this thing....now I don't have to bug you all the time ha ha ha

What are you doing to the motor while it's out?

What happened to the front quarter? Car get hit?
    --- Ian ---
    2003 SVT Cobra 10th Anniversary Edition -- The Show Car
    1989 LX Vert -- The Cruiser - Sold But Never Forgotten
    2010 GMC Terrain -- The Daily

Smokin 750HP - Member 86ASCcoupe20's Avatar
    Nice, Chet. Glad to see updates. Silver foxes look great. Are you going to try to paint it yourself?
    Stan
    86 Ford Mustang Saleen no. 80 of 199. One of 26 in gray.
    86 Mercury Capri ASCMclaren coupe#20 of 114. Sold

Chet good to see you starting on the car!! Let me know if you need any xtra hands we can work out a time.

If this is going to be a track car I would remove that intercooler and piping. To many close bends is not ideal for boost levels and flow. I would just run the normal Vortech setup for a Fox Body with a power pipe and the largest air filter you can find.
    1994 Yellow Mustang GT

839rwhp and 770rwtq SAE

Proud Member of:
    SmokinStangs.com-- www.smokinstangs.com

Quote Originally Posted by TorchRedSVT View Post
    looks good chet....glad to see you guys finally get going on this thing....now I don't have to bug you all the time ha ha ha
    What are you doing to the motor while it's out?

What happened to the front quarter? Car get hit?
    We are going to clean up engine maybe a little polishing....also some investigation to find out exactly what the engine is. as for the front quarter the fender had some rust issues so i had a fender from a GT kicking around. Just a quick rattle can primer for now.

Quote Originally Posted by 86ASCcoupe20 View Post
    Nice, Chet. Glad to see updates. Silver foxes look great. Are you going to try to paint it yourself?
    i will paint the engine compartment with some help from my buddy Todd @ Amherst street Collision https://www.facebook.com/AmherstStreetCollision.
    Trying not to paint the entire car.... paint is in really good shape except the fender and a small spot on rear quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Plummer View Post
    If this is going to be a track car I would remove that intercooler and piping. To many close bends is not ideal for boost levels and flow. I would just run the normal Vortech setup for a Fox Body with a power pipe and the largest air filter you can find.
    Mike I understand what you are saying but we are not planning on breaking any records or drag racing full time just looking to do something different. The supercharger had been modified so using the normal way would require a complete u turn pipe or sending it to Vortech to have the compressor housing replaced. Luckily if it doesn't work out it's easy to remove. This was all for mock up we are planing on making it flow better with easier bends and less joints if possible.

Thanks for all the comment guys.....this will be a fun project!!! Hoping to have it some what done by Smokinstang Laconia 2012

----------------> "Smokin the Competition!"
    Blog Entries
    this will be a fun project!!! Hoping to have it some what done by Smokinstang Laconia 2012
    Cool, Cool, and very Cool!!
    I recall you and the boy, numerous times at various meets....checking out wheels here, motors/combos there, brainstorming and scheming together. Really got me chuckling, as I knew you were up to something.

From what I can tell the fun has already begun!!

PS: I think SmokinStangs Laconia - 2012, is going to see some cool builds appearing on the scene!!
    SmokinStangs.com......A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum.
    "Bringing Mustang Enthusiasts together like never seen before!"

SmokinStangs.com-- www.SmokinStangs.com

Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Have you ever started some thing and thought WHAt have i done? Just kidding...

We had some time to work on the 93 this week end, here are a few pics of what we got done..found a few surprises but no big deal it. The rear main is leaking (surprise,surprise) and the clutch is just about done. Planned on replacing both anyway found some rust holes in the floor nothing a welder cant fix. I dont think the TRANS MOUNT HAS BEEN OUT SINCE 93?? bolts broke with out even trying.

I ordered some parts they should be here before next week end and my vacation. Hope to get the engine bay looking alot better by the end of the year.

We have some good ideas now just time to make them happen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast