Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent - Site Updates / "Auto-Save" Feature Active!

----------------> "Smokin the Competition!"
    Blog Entries

Recent - Site Updates / "Auto-Save" Feature Active!

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!

Just a quick notice to our members that the SmokinStangs - Mustang Forum website has recently completed numerous updates!!

You will notice some changes here & there.....to include a NEW "Look & Feel" in the POST / THREAD, and Associated Areas.

We are happy to announce that an important & very welcomed update has been applied. When you are composing Posts/Threads, Etc...an "AUTO-SAVE" feature is being utilized....there-for allowing anything that you compose to be automatically saved. This is pretty huge in our opinion!! Why is this so great?? Well.....if your session timed-out and/or you were logged out, etc....you would have lost that composed info, and had to re-do it.

When you see a YELLOW POP-UP w/ "Auto-Saved" Text at the bottom right hand corner.....Auto-Save is hard at work...saving the data for you!!!
    VERY SMOKIN FEATURE!!!

NOTE: You still have to "Submit & Save Edits" as usual....as the Auto-save feature should be considered a back-up type of action.

Also for Facebook users.....

A.... button has been added to the THREAD/ POST Sections ....and conveniently located up near the "THREAD / TOPIC - TITLE area.

Users of this feature will know what to do with this!!
    SmokinStangs.com......A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum.
    "Bringing Mustang Enthusiasts together like never seen before!"

SmokinStangs.com-- www.SmokinStangs.com

Blog Entries
    PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT AS OF 2AM THIS MORNING 05/31/12....WE HAVE PERFORMED A "MAJOR" SITE WIDE UPDATE/UPGRADE, AND HAVE LOST SOME USER IMPORTANT USER FUNCTIONALITY.
    WE ARE WORKING HARD TO GET THIS CORRECT AND HOPE TO HAVE THIS CORRECTED ASAP. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. THIS IS THE PRICE OF PROGRESS

IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT THE SITE HAS NOT BE COMPROMISED AND/OR HACKED WHAT-SO-EVER. AGAIN....THIS IS JUST A RESULT OF THE SOFTWARE/PLATFORM UPDATE - UPGRADE.

ULTIMATELY WE WILL BE PROUD TO REPORT THAT THE SMOKINSTANGS SITE IS NOW OPERATING ON THE MORE CURRENT VERSION AVAILABLE TO VBULLETIN.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

Members question from 05/31/12 @ 7:05AM
    Quick question about the web site.. did you make any changes to the site last night ?? seems like some functions are missing. no quick link is there for "new Post" on the page where I log in ? Not sure if something changed or if it was just me !!

SmokinStangs response:
    Good morning, We sure did. We performed a major site update about 2AM. Thank you for let me know what you have ran into as it will help with correcting the issue.

Apparently we lost some major functionality in the process. Hoping to have it fully corrected in the next 24 hours. We will be posting a notice regarding this advising members.
    This is the price of progress....LOL

Thank you,
    SmokinStangs.com

Smokin 1500HP - Member ToplessPony94's Avatar
    Bob, just FYI, "Mark Forums Read" doesn't seem to work any more - just gives a message about an invalid security token.
    Bruce (aka: "Stealth Fighter Pilot")
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool radiator, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil,alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, bumpsteer, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB, all LED lights

Blog Entries
    Got it....
    Thanks Bruce

Just in case it hasn't been noticed, the "New Threads" link is gone from the main forums index. I'm lost without that - LOL
    92 GT 'VERT: Vortech, 4R70W, Bullitt brakes, custom interior, chrome everything
    AUTO ENTHUSIAST Cover Feature '12 | MM&FF Feature Feb. '08 | 50&SF Feature June '07 | MODIFIED MUSTANGS Feature Oct. '06
    Powder Coating: www.soniccherry.com

Also can't seem to enter a "subject line" for PMs. The system won't allow PMs to be sent without a subject.

Like Ozz -- Being able to find new threads is a huge issue for me too -- it's how I navigate the site.
    Temporary workaround is to use this url, which is a search for new threads:
    http://www.smokinstangs.com/search.p...e=vBForum_Post
    Jim

---
    Black 10th Anniversary Cobra
    #353 of 10th Anniversary Cobras -- Born June 9, 2003.

Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time.

Just in case it hasn't been noticed, the "New Threads" link is gone from the main forums index. I'm lost without that - LOL
    Also can't seem to enter a "subject line" for PMs. The system won't allow PMs to be sent without a subject.

Like Ozz -- Being able to find new threads is a huge issue for me too -- it's how I navigate the site.
    Temporary workaround is to use this url, which is a search for new threads:
    http://www.smokinstangs.com/search.p...e=vBForum_Post
    Items noted.Thanks gents....

The price of progress... We'll get it soon enough
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^) ||
    | S m o k i n S t a n g s . c o m | ||'""|""\___,
    | _______________________ l ||__|_|___| )
    (@!)!(@)"""""""""""""""""""**|(@) (@)***|(@)

SmokinStangs.com--www.SmokinStangs.com
    SMOKIN' Mustang Forum Announcements
    ---

SmokinStangs.com......A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum & Home of the SmokinStangs Laconia - Mustang Rally

Actually, I'm not seeing the whole menu bar anymore that used to be there in FireFox.

This one is just gone:

"New Posts New Group Messages New Events New Articles New Blog Entries Mark Forums Read"
    Last edited by ToplessPony94; 06-01-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool radiator, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil,alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, bumpsteer, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB, all LED lights

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    Yeah, using that "What's New" button is going to take some getting used to. Personally, I'd rather just have the "New Threads" button back lol

1995 SVT Cobra #182/4005, 229k miles, ported GT40s, E303, Roush stage 3 Induction, 297rwhp/295rwtq
    1996 SVT Mystic Cobra #1666/2000, 218k miles, cams, Todd Warren SRI, 353rwhp/315rwtq
    1993 LX 263k miles, 03 Cobra steering, 5-lug/4-wheel disc Cobra brakes, 8.8 rearend, T5 swapped, black interior converted, AJE/QA1 front suspension w/ MM coilovers

Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Unless there's an equivalent to "Mark Forums Read" that I haven't found yet, this is gonna be a real PIA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast