Thread: Are plastic parts coming to an engine bay near you?

----------------> "Smokin the Competition!"
    Blog Entries

Are plastic parts coming to an engine bay near you?

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    I've started to notice that enhanced finished plastic products are starting to hit the market. Is this the next big styling craze...or not?!?!?!?

Is this engine bay that will be gracing a show field near you????

In photo - BangaStang 5.0 Engine Dress-Up Kits are now available. Stages 1,2,3 from $509-$1775. Here's the link http://www.bangastang.com/_e/dept/32...ss_Up_Kits.htm

JLT Performance is offering these:

In photo - JLT's Painted Plastic 2011 Mustang 5.0 intake kits http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/in...&cPath=357_358
    SmokinStangs.com......A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum.
    "Bringing Mustang Enthusiasts together like never seen before!"

SmokinStangs.com-- www.SmokinStangs.com

I talked with some one who owns a Challenger (among other cars).
    He said since you can't see the engine on these new cars, you might as well paint the covers.
    He was telling me about putting on artwork like this:
    2006 Vista Blue GT Deluxe,Manual,64W Wheels,Spoiler Delete,IUP- Produced Date-03/29/06
    MODS: JLT CAI,Sequential tail lights & pony corral,Hella 500 Driving lights,
    GMS strut brace and A-arm brace. Custom SCT Dyno Tuned by Pete.
    2004 Torch Red Convertible GT

All hemis in cars and jeeps have a pretty good amount of covers, the srt cars dont and they show off their aluminum intake manifold proudly. The 2.2 and 2.4 world engines from chrysler also have a pretty good amount of plastic covering.

4.6 N/A Monster in progress...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Personally I like engines where you CAN see everything better. If they're covered you might as well dress em up. But the plastic - I see that being a ricer favorite.

Smokin 1500HP - Member ToplessPony94's Avatar
    Personally I think the plastic stuff just looks tacky. When I had my black Explorer, the first thing I did was ditch the plastic engine cover. Nothing but a cheap looking PITA.
    Bruce (aka: "Stealth Fighter Pilot")
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool radiator, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil,alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, bumpsteer, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB, all LED lights

Smokin 450HP - Member Resolution78's Avatar
    they may all come with plastic covers , but it doesnt take much to clean up an engine bay so you can see the engine again, plastic parts in my engine bay........ i think not
    2012 Boss mustang, UPR c/a, JLT CAI,kooks long tubes flowmaster axle backs tuned by DEZ RACING billet grill LS spoiler 302s HOOD 1/4 window louvers track key446rwhp11.51@119MPH
    1994 Mustang (PROJECT) 347 stroker, 4 bolt main SVO block, windsor senior cast iron heads, Forged motor built and assembled by DEZ RACING, F1C PROCHARGER Full UPR suspension, smoothed front inner fenders, expecting 750 RWHP on pump gas

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Its not for me but I can see how some folks could get into this stuff.

Jibber (AKA. Kevin)
    2004 Screaming Yellow Cobra

Smokin 1500HP - Member TorchRedSVT's Avatar
    probably going to be the new trend at the car shows this summer......
    --- Ian ---
    2003 SVT Cobra 10th Anniversary Edition -- The Show Car
    1989 LX Vert -- The Cruiser - Sold But Never Forgotten
    2010 GMC Terrain -- The Daily

Smokin 1500HP - Member ToplessPony94's Avatar
    Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibber View Post
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Its not for me but I can see how some folks could get into this stuff.
    I totally agree. Some will probably think it looks clean and cool and everything matches. To me it looks like someone was too lazy to get things powder coated if that's the effect they want, and it just looks cheap and fake compared to powder coating or billet. Of course, power coating and billet can be taken too far for good taste, as well, IMHO. But to each his own. I guess it's a good thing I'm not a show judge, as I would have trouble voting for any of this stuff.
    Bruce (aka: "Stealth Fighter Pilot")
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool radiator, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil,alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, bumpsteer, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB, all LED lights