Thread: 94-95 Mustang GT's down on Power / Why & Tune can Fix!

----------------> "Smokin the Competition!"
    Blog Entries

94-95 Mustang GT's down on Power / Why & Tune can Fix!

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    Did you know?

1995_Mustang_GT Kicks and Screams.jpg

Ever wonder why the 94 and 95 Mustang GT’s were rated lower? Well, Ford was having trouble with the new ’96 GT with the new 4.6L SOHC motor so they de-rated the 94-95’s to match the lower rated 96’s at 215hp. The 94-95’s actually had the same power as the earlier Fox bodies. Showing a lower power rating for the newer more complex overhead cam motor would have hurt sales.

Now you know!

Whether you’re looking to increase the drivability or increase the horsepower....Tuning is the answer!!

The SCT 6600 4 bank chip offers, custom tuning flexibility. Hardware and professional dyno time average around $450. The Sneec Datalogger is ideally used to adjust and monitor all your sensors.

Is the shop you’re currently going to not using one of these? Well, then they can’t be correctly tuning your Mustang. This is one of the only monitoring systems that will work on the pre-1996 Mustangs. Without it they’re just guessing!

1995 5.0 Engine Motor.JPG

Generally you should expect included as part of a tune like this, a complete systems check of your car. Where-as adjusting your base timing, fuel pressure, TPS, MAF signal, 02 sensor operations, and a check over of your whole setup including spark plugs is critical and necessary.

SCT 4 Bank Chip.jpg

NOTE: These cars are notoriously hard to tune for drivability. Professional tuning should be considered.
    SmokinStangs.com......A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum.
    "Bringing Mustang Enthusiasts together like never seen before!"

SmokinStangs.com-- www.SmokinStangs.com

I thought the SnEEC wasn't being sold anymore. I was tying to find a used one but I had no luck.
    1994 Yellow Mustang GT

839rwhp and 770rwtq SAE

Proud Member of:
    SmokinStangs.com-- www.smokinstangs.com

Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinStang View Post
    Whether you’re looking to increase the drivability or increase the horsepower....Tuning is the answer!!

NOTE: These cars are notoriously hard to tune for drivability. Professional tuning should be considered.

My 94 went to Performance Dyno with 103,000 miles and runs like a brand new car after a tune.
    The car only has a COBRA Intake, Cat-back, CAI, and Underdrive pullies and ran 234rwhp with is eqivalent to about 270hp +/- at the engine.
    We did Topless Todd's yellow 95 GT previously and ended up with 275rwhp with just a few top end parts and a tune. I'll report back after he pops in the new Anderson cam.

These cars aren't hard to tune if you know how to tune them