Thread: Wheel adapters

Wheel adapters

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    A really good friend of mine hooked me up with some awesome rims from a 2003 MACH 1. I want to put them on my 65 but think I may need some wheel adapters. Not exactly sure of the size needed. Has anyone else out there done this with their 60's era Stang? Looking for some advice. Thanks.

You don't want to use adapters.
    I will research what it takes to correctly convert the car for safe and reliable use of late model wheels

unsafe and wont pass inspection in new hampshire

Thanks guys! From looking at the rims they are 17's and have roughly a 1" offset difference than the 14" craigers that are on the car now. The car will be registered in Mass so I'm not sure what the law is on adapters here...

Smokin 1500HP - Member ToplessPony94's Avatar
    Even if legal, they are still unsafe and put extra (read: "not designed for") load on wheel bearings and ball joints.
    Bruce (aka: "Stealth Fighter Pilot")
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool radiator, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil,alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, bumpsteer, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB, all LED lights

Smokin 750HP - Member Mustang5L5's Avatar
    They really should not be used. They do add stress to the lugs which can be catastrophic at speed.

Even normal spacers can be unsafe if they allow too much shifting of the wheel on the lugs.

If you need a spacer or lug adapter to make a wheel fit....then the wheel does not fit and should not be used
    *Michael*

Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang5L5 View Post
    They really should not be used. They do add stress to the lugs which can be catastrophic at speed.

Even normal spacers can be unsafe if they allow too much shifting of the wheel on the lugs.

If you need a spacer or lug adapter to make a wheel fit....then the wheel does not fit and should not be used
    +1
    This has always been my opinion too.
    2006 Vista Blue GT Deluxe,Manual,64W Wheels,Spoiler Delete,IUP- Produced Date-03/29/06
    MODS: JLT CAI,Sequential tail lights & pony corral,Hella 500 Driving lights,
    GMS strut brace and A-arm brace. Custom SCT Dyno Tuned by Pete.
    2004 Torch Red Convertible GT