Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: varn82 - 79 "Tangerine" Capri RS

varn82 - 79 "Tangerine" Capri RS

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    Hello all. My name is Chris. I was referred here by Capriman86. Current vehicle is a 1979 Capri RS that I have "restored" over the last 4 years from a salvaged carcass. Originally a 3.3 straight 6 with an auto, it has gone through some changes in its life. Being converted from a previous owner to a 302, still retaining the stock 3 speed. I drove it about a week like that, and converted it to a Tremec 3550, and installed an 8.8 with 4.10's. The next winter the 302 was swapped out for a 347 built at home. The rear end let go again, so last summer, I built a stronger set up, with 33 spline Strange axles, a spool and c-clip eliminators. The rear suspension is stock springs with UMI adjustable uppers and lowers with hiems joint rod ends. Its a bit stiff on the street, but netted me a 1.55 short time on a 26x10.50 E.T street. Best time so far is an 11.20@127, spraying a 150 shot of N20.

Paint and interior, are stock interior with a set of 91 LX front buckets covered with TMI black vinyl to match the early rear seat. Aftermarket gauges inside a stock bezel. The exterior was originally bright red, but when I painted it, switched to another factory 79 color, "tangerine" . Greg Weld wheels complete the package, 15x8, and 15x 3.5".

Exhaust is flowtech long tubes and shorty h-pipe, with a 2.5 inch Magnaflow cat-back.

Current project, car sits with the 5 speed removed, awaiting a Redneck C4, reverse manual valve body, trans brake, and a 2800 stall converter, should be shipping out this week.

1979 Capri RS "Tangerine"
    11.20@127

Smokin 1500HP - Member ToplessPony94's Avatar

Glad you found us! Thanks for posting pics right away!
    Bruce (aka: "Stealth Fighter Pilot")
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool radiator, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil,alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, bumpsteer, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB, all LED lights

Welcome aboard Chris!!

Chris's Capri is awesome!

You will like this site Chris, there are a LOT of locals on here and I see a great future!

A couple more pics I have taken of it.

~Jeff
    1986 Mercury Capri 5.0 T-Top 5spd
    1988 Ford Mustang GT

seen that car a few times thing is sooooo sick sweet ride man gl with your project

Smokin 20HP - Member
    welcome to the site...nice ride :)

Thanks for the welcome guys. Some more pictures. This was my starting point.

11.20@127

During paint and body, and interior.

11.20@127

Interior shot

11.20@127

Smokin 750HP - Member badass98svt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow beautiful 'pri. I'm a sucker for the 4 eye foxes and the capris are even better. Love it man. Nice job.
    1998 SVT Cobra #4941 of 5174 built on June 19,1998
    C:\Documents and Settings\PJ & Becky\My Documents\My Pictures\COBRA\bacbrasigji6.png

Quote Originally Posted by Jetgirl View Post
    Who's Ed? I just voted to have his babys... Was that a mistake?

----------------> "Smokin the Competition!"
    Blog Entries
    Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Hi Chris......Welcome to SmokinStangs.com!!

That's one hell of a SMOKIN Capri.....and introduction, Nice job!! As built......tastefully done, really showcases the core of the car.

We are happy to have you as part of our new Community and Fine Collection of SmokinStangs and SmokinMembers!!

Welcome again!!
    SmokinStangs.com......A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum.
    "Bringing Mustang Enthusiasts together like never seen before!"

SmokinStangs.com-- www.SmokinStangs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast