Thread: explorer intake

explorer intake

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    is the 5.0L intake worth the money??? pulling it outtah a boneyard and them cleaning it up?? if i can get a set of explorer heads and intake for 300 is it worth it??? Please help??
    Top NoTcH Racing, Fall River MA,

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
    is the 5.0L intake worth the money??? pulling it outtah a boneyard and them cleaning it up?? if i can get a set of explorer heads and intake for 300 is it worth it??? Please help??
    It's definitely worth it. I paid 200.00 for a 95 COBRA intake that is the same thing as the explorer intake. Send the upper and lower out to be ported.

Smokin 750HP - Member Mustang5L5's Avatar
    Going rate for Gt-40P's is $200-250 and $75-100 for the intake manifold with injectors and 65mm TB. That's if you buy them off someone. if you are yanking them yourself out of a boneyard, that's expensive.

They are worth it. Intake is easy to put on with minimal mods. 65mm TB can be used as well with slight mods and the 19# injectors are thought to be better than the mustang 19's.

As for the heads, you will need to upgrade the springs. TFS and crane both sell kits around $100-150. If you start putting money into the heads beyond that, it's really not worth it
    *Michael*

anyone know a good junkyard for parts??? checked some around here....
    Top NoTcH Racing, Fall River MA,

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
    anyone know a good junkyard for parts??? checked some around here....
    Jack's
    Brandy Brow
    Holland's in Billerica
    Penney's in Tewksbury
    PM me where you plan to go and I will call ahead and tell them you work at my shop. Might save you a couple bucks

If you go, can you check for 94-98 convertibles? I need a trim panel clip. #11 on the right side. It snaps into the quarter panel under the seat belt. It's a small black plastic clip shaped like a "T"

Smokin 750HP - Member Mustang5L5's Avatar
    Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    I gotta see what they want for an entire explorer motor. Really want to start putting together an engine on a stand for a quick swap
    *Michael*