Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BAD03COBRA's '03 Cobra

Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    Congrats on a great car, Jake. I've been following it for a while now and have seen the progression of the numbers. They're nothing short of awesomeness! Makes us Silver guys proud.

'98 Crystal White Cobra
    '03 Silver Metallic Cobra (Sold)
    '02 Mineral Grey Metallic GT (Sold)

I think are some pretty sweet goals for the year, I have no doubt you can and will do it !!
    2001 Saleen S281 Convertible ~ True Blue Metallic # 614
    KB Supercharged ~385 rwhp / 394 rwtq @ 10psi
    1/4 mile 12.91 @ 107.67

Barry ~~AKA~~ B

It's amazing to see how far you can get with a little effort. And I don't see you reaching your goals for the year. I see you flying by them at the speed of light!!! Great job on the car.

----------------> "Smokin the Competition!"
    Blog Entries
    and here is the interior as of today and the couple hours I had with it. almost ready for the full 10 point. dash removal isnt the hard part. its all the extra wiring I have for guages and nitrous and whatnot all under there that has to be removed....sucks ass

Someones been busy!! Look out 2010 Jakes going deep......
    SmokinStangs
    SmokinStangs.com......A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum.
    "Bringing Mustang Enthusiasts together like never seen before!"

SmokinStangs.com-- www.SmokinStangs.com

Quote Originally Posted by 96SLOBRA View Post
    It's amazing to see how far you can get with a little effort. And I don't see you reaching your goals for the year. I see you flying by them at the speed of light!!! Great job on the car.
    I have an area I would like to be in my head but Im keeping it in the back as it might not happen. flying by them will be tough as Im not even adding any power to the car and probably only losing 50lbs or so. The faster you go, the harder it is to go faster.
    Jake
    Silver '03 Cobra Coupe Auto
    The first , 9 Sec Eaton Only Cobra AND The fastest , Eaton/n2o Cobra on the planet!
    9.82 @ 135 w/ a 1.35 - NO Nitrous!
    9.46 @ 140 w/ a 1.35 - Nitrous!

NOW - Teksid, 10.5:1, TVS @ 20psi
    9.17 @ 149 w/ a 1.44 <-- ouch!

**Click HERE for all my video's!!!**

Bad ass no doubt. Love the build up info. An epic stang IMHO

Your wallet is going to wish you had stayed at 10.0! lol Amazing how much more stuff you need at 9.99....license, full face helmet, double layer jacket, pants, shoes, gloves, blah, blah, blah........ So when you going to have that thing done? Assume you are taking it back down to DMC to do the cage? I have the Northeast NHRA chassis cert guy's contact info when you're ready....you might get lucky and Dennis will have other cars that need to get done...that way he'll come up here....if not, I know he was willing to meet on the way to ATCO as he lives in Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by lxfiveo View Post
    Your wallet is going to wish you had stayed at 10.0! lol Amazing how much more stuff you need at 9.99....license, full face helmet, double layer jacket, pants, shoes, gloves, blah, blah, blah........ So when you going to have that thing done? Assume you are taking it back down to DMC to do the cage? I have the Northeast NHRA chassis cert guy's contact info when you're ready....you might get lucky and Dennis will have other cars that need to get done...that way he'll come up here....if not, I know he was willing to meet on the way to ATCO as he lives in Jersey.
    Im hoping for 1st-2nd week in April....lol....

yea...not looking forward to all the crap but its really not THAT much more. pants just means I can wear shorts all the time now!
    Jake
    The first , 9 Sec Eaton Only Cobra AND The fastest , Eaton/n2o Cobra on the planet!

Hmmmm......let's add it up.......

Neck Brace $30
    Gloves $40
    Boots $65
    Pants $150
    Jacket $160
    Full Face Helmet (I had an open one) $350
    Engine Diaper (NED requires them at 9.99 now) $250
    NHRA license $100
    IHRA license $60
    Chassis Cert $150

Think that comes up pretty close to $1300 to go from 10.0 to 9.99 for me. But, being a 9 second car is much cooler, right? lol Worth the money!!

Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Quote Originally Posted by lxfiveo View Post
    Hmmmm......let's add it up.......

Neck Brace $30
    Gloves $40
    Boots $65
    Pants $150
    Jacket $160
    Full Face Helmet (I had an open one) $350
    Engine Diaper (NED requires them at 9.99 now) $250
    NHRA license $100
    IHRA license $60
    Chassis Cert $150

Think that comes up pretty close to $1300 to go from 10.0 to 9.99 for me. But, being a 9 second car is much cooler, right? lol Worth the money!!

I have a full face and engine diaper

I dont look at it that way though...and realy..is $1300 so much when you have $30k into the car?
    Jake

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast