Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SmokinStang's - Project: 3P07VBGT500

Blog Entries
    Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinStang View Post
    I woke up at 6AM....and needed to simply DRIVE!!

Although my longest trip logged in the GT500 was to Tampa Florida last year, from New England (2,800 miles round trip)...I still haven't cracked the 15,000 mileage mark yet.
    Getting very close now....very, very close
    Great Shots..!!

But what was more fun the 6am Rip in the Shelby or the Ride you took in The Dominator only about 10 hours prior...???????????????????????????
    1984 T Top Coupe-Coyote 5.0, 4R70W, Modified BBK Long Tubes, 3.73s

*Formerly only90s, but all the 90s are gone..

----------------> "Smokin the Competition!"
    Blog Entries

A story with significant relevance.

As I find myself still continually scouring the web for more info on3P / Press Cars...I come across this today.
    Finally a published story with significant relevance and proof of what I previously mentioned & discovered with my own 07 GT500
    (as seen here in this thread)

David Soucia’s GT500 The Story of A Former Press Car

by Don Creason on December 6, 2013 via StangTV

Photos by David Soucia

A few times a year here at StangTV we get to sample the latest that Ford or other companies has to offer. In the past year we’ve had the opportunity to drive and flog everything from Fiestas to the ROUSH RS3. Something that the general public may have wondered is what happens to those cars after they’ve made their rounds with people like us?

Six months ago David Soucia purchased a slightly used 2011 GT500. Like most used car buyers Soucia had a CarFax report run on the car to verify he was getting a solid buy. Something unusual showed up on that report, but it wasn’t the typical CarFax point of interest like collision damage, or theft. Instead this car showed that it had been a Ford corporate car, and that they had sent it to auction with just 18,000 miles on the odometer.

“I purchased the window sticker reprint along with the SVT certificate hoping that would shed some light. Sure enough on the window sticker it showed it being sold to Ford,” Soucia tells us. Documentation from SVT confirmed this GT500 was number 17 for 2011.

At the time this was as far as Soucia could get other than confirming that the car had spent most of it’s life in Texas under the ownership of FoMoCo. Then a few weekends ago he began Googling reviews of the 2011 GT500, with the SVT Performance Pack, and in Race Red, just like his car. He stumbled across several reviews from publishers based in Texas and the car featured a license plate 008 263 in all these reviews.

Soucia read a review the next day written by AutoSpotters where the navigation was discussed. For the story AutoSpotters had punched in the address to Airport Rd in Goddard, Texas, the place where that celebration of speed, The Texas Mile is held. Soucia checked his car and sure enough that destination was saved in the nav system, convincingly confirming this was the same car.

With just over 31,000 miles currently on the odometer Soucia drives the car regularly, and has even hit the drag strip with it for a best time of 11.91 at 120 mph. He plans to hit an autocross next year. In Soucia’s hands we’re sure this former press car will continue it’s exciting high-performance lifestyle for years to come.

Original story as seen on StangTV:http://www.stangtv.com/features/car-...mer-press-car/

Blog Entries

Cruise & Shoe Ready...

Just had the Shelby Vert professionally detailed for the first time - Sept 8, 2015.

With now just 18352 miles on the odometer...The 2007 Shelby is still looking just as good as the day I bought it

I'm now fully ready for this weekends TASCA Ford show & cruise in RI on Sept. 12, 2015
    Normally we are hosting the SmokinStangs Laconia event this time of year (actually this weekend)...so this TASCA event will be a welcomed break!!
    http://www.smokinstangs.com/showthread.php/4919-Tasca-Ford-Annual-Ford-Show-Car-Event-SAT-09-12-15?highlight=tasca+2015
    SmokinStangs.com......A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum.
    "Bringing Mustang Enthusiasts together like never seen before!"

SmokinStangs.com-- www.SmokinStangs.com

Blog Entries
    With now just 18352 miles on the odometer..
    Some of these miles were added on quickly by Two (2) long distance road trips:

1) NH -to- Tampa (MM&FF 2nd Annual Open House /2012) @ 2,720 Miles Round Trip
    http://www.smokinstangs.com/showthread.php/3384-SmokinStangs-com-visits-MM-amp-FF-2nd-Annual-Open-house?highlight=florida

2) NH - Myrtle Beach (Mustang Week / 2015) @ 1982 Miles Round Trip
    http://www.smokinstangs.com/showthread.php/4916-Mustang-week-2015?highlight=mw15

Grand total long distance mileage = 4,402 (Round Trip)
    *I will say the 07 GT500 Vert made for a great long haul vehicle IMO (Less the fuel economy...respectfully)
    SmokinStangs.com......A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum.
    "Bringing Mustang Enthusiasts together like never seen before!"

SmokinStangs.com-- www.SmokinStangs.com

Blog Entries
    Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    Looking good Brother.

I have been a big fan of the Shelby since the first time you took me for a blast 7 years ago.
    1984 T Top Coupe-Coyote 5.0, 4R70W, Modified BBK Long Tubes, 3.73s

*Formerly only90s, but all the 90s are gone..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234