Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SmokinStang's - Project: 3P07VBGT500

----------------> "Smokin the Competition!"
    Blog Entries
    Explore Kenny Brown Performance today!!
    Recent pic from March_2010
    SmokinStangs.com......A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum.
    "Bringing Mustang Enthusiasts together like never seen before!"

SmokinStangs.com-- www.SmokinStangs.com

Blog Entries
    Here's a VID of Drag Racing the "Pre-Production" 2007 Vista Blue Shelby GT500 Convertible vs a Cutlass at the Ed Day / Charity Challenge Event held at NED - New England Dragway on April 25, 2010.

The NA Cutlass got a nice jump off the line but the Supercharged GT500 Vert mowed it down at in the end. None-the-less it is was a hell of a fun drag race. The Cutlass was also driven be Wayne (SmokinStangs.com member: wayjd), who......has owned the car since High School, and really knows how to shift the hell out of that 3-speed on the column. http://www.smokinstangs.com/showthread.php?176-12-Second-71-Cutlass-Needed&p=9280#post9280

I really got to learn how to drive this Shelby better at the track, with a 121MPH, there is still some room there!
    SmokinStang

Smokin 200HP - Member The92Foxbody's Avatar
    Man.. all that paper work that comes with it just really makes the GT500 an incredible collectors item... I bet sometimes you go out and just stare in your garage at both your cars and smile.. Don't lie!

1st car I ever bought - 1992 Mustang GT Hatchback, 66k miles (car in sig) (Sold)
    2nd car - 2005 SRT4 (Sold)
    3rd car - 1992 5.0 GT hatch, trickflow top end, F303 Cam, 4:10 gears, KC clutch, TrickFlow 170Cc heads
    4th car - 2003 Mach 1, 5,500 Miles, Magnaflow Tru-X Xpipe, SLP LM1, C&L intake

That is a cool story for sure. Amazing -- that car could be worth piles of money in the furture. That's a keeper for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Foxbody View Post
    Man.. all that paper work that comes with it just really makes the GT500 an incredible collectors item... I bet sometimes you go out and just stare in your garage at both your cars and smile.. Don't lie!
    There's a 3rd pretty cool car in his garage too -- but it's not a Mustang. Hell, I like to go to his garage and just stare!
    Jim

---
    Black 10th Anniversary Cobra
    #353 of 10th Anniversary Cobras -- Born June 9, 2003.

Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time.

sorry i gotta call you on it, is that face in the pic magnum or blue steel?

Blog Entries
    End of Season blast in the 2007 Ford Shelby GT500.

Acceleration Monster.............performs a "SMOKIN Flyby".........that sweet Supercharger whine is addictive!!

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinStang View Post
    End of Season blast in the 2007 Ford Shelby GT500.

.........that sweet Supercharger whine is addictive!!
    It sure is !!
    2001 Saleen S281 Convertible ~ True Blue Metallic # 614
    KB Supercharged ~385 rwhp / 394 rwtq @ 10psi
    1/4 mile 12.91 @ 107.67

Barry ~~AKA~~ B

Blog Entries

Pre-Production 2007 Shelby GT500 Convertible - MOST UNIQUE MYSTERY / HISTORY

POSTED this THREAD on FORDGT500.COM 02/08/11: http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?p=106202

Does anyone know what happens to late model Pre-Production models after Ford is done with them?

From my knowledge, and based on past history.....Ford as a manufacturer has always destroyed such, as they are not legal for sale.

**Anyone who knows the deal.......this is a Ford 3P Car***
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Well check this out:
    WHAT IF ONE WAS SOLD TO THE PUBLIC / SLIPPING OUT THE DOOR SOME HOW?????

Better yet......WHAT IF IT'S A 2007 VISTA BLUE SHELBY GT500 CONVERTIBLE????????
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Well I know exactly of ones existence!!
    IMAGINE.....an early car of this nature, created and driving 1-year prior to actual production of such. The 1st of it's kind.....titled the "Most Powerful Production Mustang every produced, in a Convertible!!"

Here's the proof and docs to support the claim (Read carefully & follow the detailed account of the claim.....most interesting data & history):
    http://www.smokinstangs.com/showthre...ct-3P07VBGT500

__________________________________________________ _______________

Three (3) questions arise from this:

1. How did this occur & why?
    2. How much is / will this Pre-production 2007 Shelby GT500 Convertible (Vista Blue) Mustang be worth?
    3. Why falsify the legal docs....to include the SVT Certificate? SVT acknowledged the fact when presented, but won't issue a document to support the actual, TRUE build data on this most unique, and rarest of rare late model Shelby GT500?

ALL DOCS ARE VALID, AND PROVE THE CLAIM.......as FACTUAL!

Mr. Shelby......Your are ICON and a Legend, I Thank You!

Blog Entries
    After more digging for additional information on this Ford - 3P / Pre Production Shelby GT500.......I discovered this stange/odd "Optional Equipment CODE???????
    Hoping to get a translation on this code?

As highlighted in the pic...........TAG 042D171 C C31

Blog Entries

SVT Certificate - Inaccurate and False / What would you do?

Home of the SmokinStangs - Northeast Mustang Rally!
    We all know and love our SVT Products, ranging from Cobra's, GT500,s Terminators, Etc.......and buy the Official SVT Certificates as a token of prideful ownership.....correct!?!?!?

This official doc provides the most critical information, that being "Build Data" regarding your personal SVT machine, to include VIN, Year & Model, and production sequence.

Do we all expect this CRITICAL information to be 100% accurate & true?!?!?!
    YES, YES, and YES!!

I am in possession of of such (remind you that this is Paid for in full / Fee based) document.......and it is false & in-accurate, with bogus build data.

The SVT product in question is my 2007 Vista Blue Shelby GT500 Mustang Convertible.

It is a rare 3P/ Pre-Production model thus the confusion

Follow the story and let me know your thoughts and/or insight......as it would be greatly appreciated.

Follow the mystery trail: http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?p=106202

and on SmokinStangs: http://www.smokinstangs.com/showthre...ct-3P07VBGT500

Honestly....I called SVT numerous times over the past couple of years, and called them on this.....requesting a CORRECT & TRUE Document. They said, "You have something VERY SPECIAL and RARE, but we can't change and/or provide a document that reflects the finding/claim.....as the Pre-Production Shelby GT500 was brought to the current model year offering.....thus making it legal for resale, therefore the bogus certificate and build numbers/sequence were presented as such"

WOW.....Nothing like straight up confession that the data is incorrect & completely in-accurate. Might as well have said the the certificate is misleading & bogus with falsified production numbers/sequence.

This angers me to no avail....to say the least!! No way in hell am I going to stand for this, this being......that this 2007 Vista Blue Shelby GT500 Convertible was actively out in the world (alive & kicking) a full one year prior to the date provided on the certificate.

Four (4) Questions:
    1. Would this be acceptable to you as an owner?
    2. What would you do in my position?
    3. How many times has this happened in the past?
    4. Shouldn't Any/All data provided by the Ford Performance Group and Ford Special Vehicle Team be 100% Accurate & True (Especially Production & Build Information)?

ALSO POSTED THIS SAME QUESTION ON THE FORD GT500 FORUM: http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8986

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast