PDA

View Full Version : Randy

taronis
04-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Randy,
I know you're somewhere on this forum. Tell me about your Hammer shifter.
-Ted

rhoidahl
04-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Ted -- Sorry about not getting back to you sooner. The install wasn't very difficult; the new shifter bolts right in where the factory shifter was located. Then pull shifter out of the Park position, and click it three times to get it to neutral, go under the car and manually move the transmission switch to the manual position, install the cable and your done. The only problem I have is the I haven't properly lined up the shifter with the steering column lock, so sometimes when I turn the key -- nothing. Not a major problem, if I move the shifter down to low then back up into park, it then starts. Just haven't time to pull apart the console to get to the adjustment mechanism.

taronis
04-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Ted -- Sorry about not getting back to you sooner. The install wasn't very difficult; the new shifter bolts right in where the factory shifter was located. Then pull shifter out of the Park position, and click it three times to get it to neutral, go under the car and manually move the transmission switch to the manual position, install the cable and your done. The only problem I have is the I haven't properly lined up the shifter with the steering column lock, so sometimes when I turn the key -- nothing. Not a major problem, if I move the shifter down to low then back up into park, it then starts. Just haven't time to pull apart the console to get to the adjustment mechanism.

I'll pay you to do mine. im unable.

taronis
04-18-2010, 06:56 PM
I don't have a steering column lock........

And, did you mean to manually switch the transmission into neutral?

rhoidahl
04-22-2010, 09:32 PM
I wouldn't charge you to do it, but I don't have a lift which you really need because of where you need to get underneath the car; jackstands just don't cut it. Check back with me in a couple of weeks -- I will be in NC this weekend for my oldest son's wedding, and the following weekend we will be in IL for my daughters graduation from med school. Then I have a high school reunion and and family reunion coming up a couple of weeks after that. REAL BUSY SPRING; haven't done any work on my own car yet -- front chin spoiler and polished underdrive pullies to install along with rewiring the stereo system. Oh, and we have our first grandchild coming in June...

taronis
04-23-2010, 07:04 AM
thanks and congrats