PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get rearend gears installed

Youngo
03-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Hi everyone.
Could someone recommend a good shop to get some gears installed.
I live in Barnstead but willing to travel for quality work.
Thanks,

Don

ToplessPony94
03-25-2010, 01:07 PM
ProTree Performance and Dyno in Hudson is where I would take it. I just got my car back from there this morning and once again experienced professional and quality work! Also an approved vendor on this site.

http://www.smokinstangs.com/forumdisplay.php?68-ProTree-Performance-amp-Dyno

Youngo
03-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks Guys !!

fredfordguy
03-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Another option is D&D auto repair in Concord in back of Sanel's. A tech named Mike set up our 9 inch, very satisfied....

PROTREE
03-25-2010, 10:30 PM
i think we are the only shop with the oem ford tool to set pinion depth to perfection, tool was like 1600 bucks but worth every penny ...............we can do them while you wait !!

nhmc pres
03-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Hi Don

i sent you an email today ,i can do the gears and also have all the correct tools to do them ,i worked for ford starting back in the late seventies and have done hundreds of gears sets ,anything you need let me know i can do whatever you need.

Rick

ToplessPony94
03-26-2010, 12:08 AM
Hi Rick! Good to see you on the forum! :thumbup:

WHEELS
03-26-2010, 01:01 AM
my friend kevin does them he when he worked for ford they sent him for training on doing them .... he is awsome at doing them he actually shows you step by step if you wanted to watch. he did mine and came out flawlessly........ he also worked are MPE ans still does rearends for them on the side

if interested pm me and i will give you all his contact info
he is a member on bostonstangs.com and there is a thread all about his work. i know he has done atleast like 10 people on that site and no complaints.; he is a good dude to know also very smart

mike

Scooter
03-26-2010, 06:27 AM
I know a good guy that can do it, but hes in NC...lol

badass98svt
03-26-2010, 09:49 AM
my friend kevin does them he when he worked for ford they sent him for training on doing them .... he is awsome at doing them he actually shows you step by step if you wanted to watch. he did mine and came out flawlessly........ he also worked are MPE ans still does rearends for them on the side

Kevin did my 4.30s last year when I had the rear out. He's no longer at MPE?

EastCoast5.0
03-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Kevin did my 4.30s last year when I had the rear out. He's no longer at MPE?

Nope, doin his own thing now.

gtcsmustang
03-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Hi Don

i sent you an email today ,i can do the gears and also have all the correct tools to do them ,i worked for ford starting back in the late seventies and have done hundreds of gears sets ,anything you need let me know i can do whatever you need.

Rick

Rick did my 4:10's along with hurst shifter, FRPP springs, panhard bar, camber bolts and alignment. I trust him more then any other shop I know of to do any mods to my car. He's also a great source of information when you need an opinion on which direction you want to take with your ride. He's highly recommended by the guys in NHMC. Wouldn't consider doing anything to my car without spending a few minutes talking to Rick first. Definetly take him up on his offer. You will not be disapointed.
And Rick I'll be in touch soon about the Saleen S/C!

Youngo
04-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks again for all the input! As soon as I saw the 1st post about Pro Tree, I gave them a call. Brought car down there to have them check it out. They made many recommendations and options. I decided to go with 3.73s, contol arms, girdle, and subframe connectors. Rick, sorry I didn't talk to you first......it seems my email got messed up when I updated my cell phone !! That will teach me to let Verizon set it up :( I will definately consult you for my next upgrade. Thanks for the offer! Hope to see you all on May 1st.

Don

Juiced97Mustang
04-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Just wait till u see it, and drive it LOL...Our painter had a few extra min and decided to match a color to your existing floor pans and have his way with the sub-frame connectors. Also he used a special primer to prevent corrosion and rust on the welds along with factory seam sealer to further prevent dreaded moisture from finding places to linger. I was running the dyno when he did it and was amazed when i saw it, looks OE.. Funny thing was is after that the painter used the welder after i was done for like 2 min and it ran out of gas LOL, oops sorry... New tanks in the morning along with some filled nitrous bottles if anyone needs a fill..

Youngo
04-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Went to check it out yesterday, excellent job....the connectors look like something that came stock on the car, which I was hoping for.....very impressed! It turns out my Diff is worn, so gonna go with Detroit truetrac and Stange axles to complete the rearend. The only bad part is I gotta wait another week to pick it up. I can hardly wait to see the difference on the street and at the track. Also got the SCT tuner :)

Don

ToplessPony94
04-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Went to check it out yesterday, excellent job....the connectors look like something that came stock on the car, which I was hoping for.....very impressed! It turns out my Diff is worn, so gonna go with Detroit truetrac and Stange axles to complete the rearend. The only bad part is I gotta wait another week to pick it up. I can hardly wait to see the difference on the street and at the track. Also got the SCT tuner :)

Don

:LOL: I didn't realize that was your car. I was there yesterday checking it out while you were there. Pro Tree is only 3 miles from my house. Yeah, it's coming out great! :thumbup:

We need pics!

SmokinStang
04-11-2010, 12:10 PM
The only bad part is I gotta wait another week to pick it up. I can hardly wait to see the difference on the street and at the track.One of the best anticipation moments ever.........having new MODS installed and then seeing & feeling...........what the resulting change is going to feel & look like!!!.
SmokinStang