PDA

View Full Version : U-mass car show for a cause sunday March 28th 10-4 rain date april 11th

slammit06
03-22-2010, 04:44 AM
I recieved this info through the clubs e-mail and wanted to pass it along for those that would like to attend or enter.

Hi,

I am a member of the Formula SAE race car team at the University of Massachusetts Lowell. We are hosting a car show on campus as a fundraiser for the team's trip to compete in Michigan. I am the main event organizer, and I would really like to see a large Mustang section at the show.

The Big Thaw Car Show at UMass Lowell is going to be held on Sunday March 28th, from 10am to 4pm (rain date Sunday, April 11th). We have up to 270 spaces available for show cars, and there will be music and food as well. The cars will be parked in every other space, allowing for plenty of room to relax, set up chairs, etc. It is being held on the corner of Pawtucket Street and Broadway Street, in the very large Riverview parking lot on UMass Lowell's South Campus. There is a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol free event, and there will be a UMass Lowell Police presence. The entry fee is $5 if you preregister, and $7 at the event; spectators are free!

As this is the first year for the car show, we are expecting a diverse group of 150-175 cars to attend the show; however, I think we can see over 200. The vehicle makes that are represented so far include modified and stock vehicles from BMW, Maserati, Volvo, Ford, GMC, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Audi, Jeep, Dodge, Oldsmobile, Aston Martin, Honda, Acura, Toyota, Lexus, Subaru, and Mazda; there will also be a local new-car dealer presence. Lime Rock Park will most likely have a booth at the event as well.
Mustangs are a huge part of the automotive community, and I would love to see a bunch at the show. Is there a group of Mustang owners in the Massachusetts/New Hampshire area that could make it to the event from your club?

Thanks, and please feel free to email me any questions that you have,

Ryan

Ryan McIntosh
Event Organizer, The Big Thaw Car Show at UMass Lowell
Treasurer, UMass Lowell River Hawk Racing
978-766-5461, Ryan315@aol.com

To preregister your vehicle(s), send an email to Ryan McIntosh (Event Organizer) at ryanmcintosh24@gmail.com. Be sure to note if you would like to be placed with a specific group or club, other than the general categories that the show is split into.
Include in the email:
(1) Your name
(2) Address
(3) Phone Number
(4) Are you a student or faculty member at the University of Massachusetts Lowell?
(5) Vehicle(s) that are being entered (For each entry, include the make, model, year, whether that vehicle is stock or modified, and whether that vehicle will be brought on a trailer). The registration fee of $5 per vehicle will be collected at the event (cash only)
(6) Are you entering the event as a member of a group or club? If so, what group do you want to be placed with? We will do our best to accommodate clubs or groups of people looking to park together.

TorchRedSVT
03-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks for posting this...right in my backyard...ill be heading to this one

gringojoe
03-22-2010, 12:20 PM
I'll try and get there. Let me look at my schedule.

hurtin_monky
03-22-2010, 01:48 PM
are there plans froming for a club spot?

slammit06
03-22-2010, 08:02 PM
I am not sure if I can make this one. I have a commitment for one of the days weather permitting so we'll see.

EastCoast5.0
03-22-2010, 10:00 PM
I'll keep it in mind. Prob be a last min. thing but I'll try to make it.

Hutch
03-23-2010, 09:52 AM
We will be there. Hopefully the club will be respresented. It's a good way to gain membership while helping out a good cause. I would be glad to help out if needed....Hutch

chachee52
03-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Sounds cool. If I can work on my car this week and get it running (AKA put the battery in) and get some stuff done around the house I'd be in for shooting over there. It's a huge lot too!!

TorchRedSVT
03-23-2010, 12:38 PM
hey todd...I was thinking of getting the fox on sunday and heading over to the show.......maybe we could meet up or something since i'll be next door to you lol

Jibber
03-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Supposed to be a nice day this Sunday. A bit chilly though. I might be able to get there as it is in my backyard too. But it is Palm Sunday for me. Not sure how the wife would dig me leaving for a few hours especially when I work almost every weekend as it is.

chachee52
03-23-2010, 11:16 PM
hey todd...I was thinking of getting the fox on sunday and heading over to the show.......maybe we could meet up or something since i'll be next door to you lol
I don't know.... it's kind of out of the way to meet up with you!!!!! But I suppose if you are going to go than I'll get mine ready.

TorchRedSVT
03-24-2010, 09:28 AM
hahahahahahah...well obviously weather permiting...i'll let you know.

Jibber
03-25-2010, 05:36 AM
Does anyone have a rundown as to who's going to this event?

TorchRedSVT
03-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Well it was nice out and I decided to take a drive by in my dail.....very glad i didnt take either of my cars ot this show as it was pretty rough.

While there were definitly a ton of cars....there wasn't much there of any value..most of the cars were imports with a bunch of vettes and lotus espirits ther ( i think they were two clubs)

i tell ya, definitly put me in the mood for the show season!!