PDA

View Full Version : Evan Smith - Looking ahead / Magazine Content

SmokinStang
12-18-2011, 10:37 PM
I thought this to be somewhat noteable.....

In the "January 2012" edition of MM&FF there is an article writing by Editor Evan Smith, titled: POWER SHIFTIN'

Initially the article eluded to the a topic related to "Balance of Power & Performance'" but reading threw to the end...one quickly realizes that another subject matter is implied.
The real jist of the story, is Smith's explaination on the magazines "BALANCE of CONTENT."

All and all, I feel his prior pain...and am happy to see that he is expressing MM&FF's intentions looking ahead. Basically from what I am reading, MM&FF is expressing their intentions to deliver content that is universal to the Mustang nation. I think with all the variants of Mustangs, engine types, years, and models....the mag has no choice. Now that Ford has re-introduced the Boss, track orientated Mustangs have come back into it's own. Track type of Mustangs and mods really didn't go away, but the coverage of such just his a serious lull. With high horsepower Mustangs and drag racing appearing to be the prior staple, as important as these topics are to the industry, they surely don't quantify the total Mustang scene.

Some may say that the article is merely a marketing piece, but I beg to differ, as any avid reader should be able to attest that the content seems to have expanded it's content steadily over the past year and a half. IMO...Editor Smith professing such, is rather noble, and further re-affirms the change that had seemed to be already underway. I also think it's note-worthy to offer MM&FF praise, as the recent content has been extremely good, and diverse.

The fact of the matter is, the Mustang is used in a wide variety of different ways, and means different thing to different people..so this all seems to make perfect sense, therefore I have to commend them.