View Full Version : Missed the Wiers Beach show due to a mishap with a local shop

09-13-2010, 07:36 PM
I picked up some new control arms and had a local shop do the work...
...simple enough job and they used to work on hot rods...so why not? They had an alignment machine also..making it easy for me to get it done while at work.

so....I picked up the car and noticed my door making noise...I figured my door pins/bushings finally gave out- maybe they leaned on the door too much by accident. So I checked to see if it rubbed the fender; and It wasn't so I went on my merry way home and washed my car for the show....but then I realized I had a bigger problem-

09-13-2010, 08:42 PM
That is unbelievably heinous.:scared:

09-13-2010, 09:35 PM
either two thing s happened ?? the tech doesn't know how to use a floor jack or the car fell off the alignment rack?? either way its sucks ...My 93 cobra had the same thing when i bought it, someone had used the fender mount as a jacking point. It will bend back and you can get everything to line up again with a little patients but this doesn't help the paint...:( Sorry to hear about your situation.

09-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Name of this shop so we know not to go there? Good luck with getting the damaged fixed, hope the shop owns up to it.

09-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Looks like they jacked it up from the fender instead of the jacking point.
I'm sorry to hear about that, I always loved your car, especially knowing how much work you have into it!!

09-14-2010, 03:08 AM
yikes. that is not good . sorry to see that happen to your car . :(

09-14-2010, 04:59 AM
My god nicole I am sorry to hear of that and see it. I will give you a call today to see how your doing.

09-14-2010, 06:56 AM
wow, sorry to hear about the problem, hope they step up to the plate and rectify the issue !

09-14-2010, 08:20 AM
that sucks....as mentioned...where did you bring it to so no one will have to deal with that.

Sorry, I'd be pissed!!

09-14-2010, 09:25 AM
Wow, that would piss me off and prob make me cry.

That's one of the major reason I do all my own work...even my own alignments.

09-14-2010, 10:11 AM
I've always loved your car since the first time I saw it. This is really terrible. Hopefully the shop will make good. Let us know what they have to say and what they do (or don't) for you. Best of luck!

09-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the kind words....and yes I did cry and throw a huge fit friday night.

The shop is Easter State Auto in Exeter off exit 9

I brought my camera and showed the pics to him on monday, he didn't say much at all except to take it up the road to Scott wright's Auto Body for an estimate.
He never said he would pay for it....but I didn't push him on it just yet.

I got my estimate today for $370 based on the fender hopefully will be re-aligned after the pinch weld and mounting point is pulled back into shape. He claims he wouldn't touch the car if he didn't think it will be fixed perfectly. The only paint will be touch-up on the chips and blended out with clear. I beleive in what he says he can do; and he promises he can do it without touching the upper fender mounting bolts....since I don't want my paint distrubed in the engine bay.

They can't schedule me until 9/22, this will give me time to confirm what the other shop will do- I expect them to pay for all of it- I've already lost hours of my time and missed out on 2 weeks of nice weather....

09-14-2010, 07:56 PM
I have no clue what to say except I'm sorry, your car is awesome and if this clown doesn't pay to fix it I'd be willing to be he'll have a bunch of smokin' stangs picketing his shop.

We should do it anyway, exeter is a nice cruise :)

09-15-2010, 05:49 PM
news today: shop is going to cover the repair. He said "I'll cover it and try to make it as painless as possible".
I give him credit for taking responsibility...I just hope the repair goes well and the quote doesn't change-

09-15-2010, 05:56 PM
That's seriously F'd up!! It's hard to believe that they could just deliver the car back to you without mention!!

I hope and would expect that they make things right.

09-15-2010, 07:13 PM
I am glad to see things are going as best as they can for ya nick, and I hope they continue through the entire process. I would have to speculate that it was one of his cronies that did the deed and failed to tell the rooster in charge of their actions.

09-15-2010, 09:55 PM
yeah, I don't think they even realized it. it took the paint to chip to start to really notice it was f-ed up

09-22-2010, 06:33 PM
got the car fixed today (at no cost to me) and I'm happy with the results! :thumbsup:

The paint is perfectly matched (hard part imo)
The fender is perfect and the side skirt is better than before the incident (it's ever so slightly off but this was that way before- the side skirt itself is warped when I bought it)

I thought he did such a nice job that I'm bringing my car back to him next spring to fix my door hinges so my doors shut like new, at least I know I can trust this guy and I get a good feeling about his respect for my car and his reputation.

As for the other shop; they did fork the bill I give them credit for that; but I won't take my car back to them again.

09-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Good thing. You never want to hear about our cars getting damaged at a place where that shouldnt happen.

09-22-2010, 07:38 PM
I say bring it to the NH Mustang Club cruise night Saturday!!! Even I am bringing my car (just for you Joey)

09-22-2010, 07:58 PM
What control arms are those?

09-23-2010, 08:20 AM
very happy to hear this had a happy ending..........( lol that's what she said )

09-24-2010, 05:59 PM
control arms are made by AJE; sold at jegs and late model; they're tubular style but still have cups for conventional style springs

09-25-2010, 04:38 AM
I say bring it to the NH Mustang Club cruise night Saturday!!! Even I am bringing my car (just for you Joey)

Good to hear it ed, r u sure it's gonna make it?

p.s. congrats nicole for the car comming out right and everything working out for you!