PDA

View Full Version : NHMC - Sat cruise nights officially moved to Hooksett, NH

slammit06
08-26-2010, 05:46 AM
Hey all,

I can't tell you how disappointed I am with the way things turned out over at Mel's for us and our cruise night,but sometimes things don't work out as planned:doh:. I had the best intentions for all of you, for instance offering something for everyone so that it would be more appealing to the entire family. The mere fact that parking seemed to be an issue was enough to keep people and there cars away let alone the lack of respect and appreciation from the owners of both places. Without getting into all the politics of this stuff and just simply deciding to move on we have decided to find another spot and with the help of a few friends of ours have found that spot.

The place is a brand new strip mall (if you will )that is laid out very similar to the target in Nashua and is located in Hooksett, NH where rt 28 and 28 bypass meet. We as a club understand that it is a little further north and for some of our well appreciated mass members and non members that just like to come to our cruise night, this may be a deterrent from coming to the sat cruise nights and hope that you still decide to make the trip. The added travel time from where it used to be in Derry is about 10 minutes up rt 93 to exit 9n and then 2 miles in on left.

The anticipated participation from the owner of USA Subs as well as the manager from advanced auto and maybe a few more as it grows will help make this cruise night the best we have ever had to offer. The parking lot is completely lit,lined and paved....no dust Tim!! The layout is perfect for keeping everyone together as well as entering and exiting from both north and south have two options with lights at both intersections. There is also a 99 restaurant at the point of the north entrance as well as a Dunkin Donuts at the southern entrance.

Marie lacoarse has made a pdf file flyer for this that I can't seem to reduce in size to post it here so jim I am going to forward it to you,if you could be so kind as to work your magic I would appreciate it. There will also be a flyer for our (september 12th) funspot show as well and if you could please make a separate post for that I would thank you for that as well!!

Thanks again for all your understanding everyone and hopefully this will be a good transition for all:thumbsup:

Humbly yours
slave ...servant.. I mean showchairman:blink:

Joey.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa52/langod/Mustang%20shows/HooksettCruiseNight_v2.jpg

chachee52
08-26-2010, 08:55 AM
I know that area and there are TONS of cars that travel that area so that should bring up some more interest as well to make that a bigger show. There are also a ton of restaurants up and down that strip too for before or after cruising.
So when is the change happening?

TorchRedSVT
08-26-2010, 09:26 AM
wow, that's crazy. Are the regular cruise nights happening at Mels up until this date?

SVT10th
08-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Here's a map, if y'all need it...
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:AwUOFpNg50J4MM:http://www.ci.burlington.vt.us/planning/images/google_maps_marker.png&t=1 Marks the spot....

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa52/langod/Mustang%20shows/HooksettCruiseNight_map.jpg

slammit06
08-26-2010, 01:35 PM
We will be holding our last one at mels this saturday and then taking a few weeks off for cruising down town(saturday the 4th) as well as our own show up in laconia the following weekend.(sunday the 12th). I guess we could make our last cruise night at mels a good one for the people there to miss in the future.....

ToplessPony94
08-26-2010, 02:07 PM
I won't often have the time to drive up there, I'm afraid. Life's just too busy. I wonder how many of the MA folks will go that far. I'm missing the old HD site now.

Mr03mach1
08-26-2010, 04:01 PM
I will see you guys there! Thanks Joey for working to find a spot for us!

SVT10th
08-26-2010, 06:46 PM
I won't often have the time to drive up there, I'm afraid. Life's just too busy. I wonder how many of the MA folks will go that far. I'm missing the old HD site now.

Bruce, it's only about 15 minutes from the Home Depot location. I drive up there a couple of times a week for classes at SNHU -- this plaza is only a little past.

You make it sound like it's far, far away.... ;)

LILBLKSNAKE
08-26-2010, 06:47 PM
for some of our well appreciated mass members

What about some of your retarded Mass members??

ToplessPony94
08-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Bruce, it's only about 15 minutes from the Home Depot location. I drive up there a couple of times a week for classes at SNHU -- this plaza is only a little past.

Not really. Just that I usually arrived late at Mel's because I'm too busy to get there on time. It's not really worth going if I don't get there until 7PM. Life is just too busy. I don't expect anyone to change things to accomodate lil ole me, it's just disappointing that it keeps moving farther away.

KARMAN
08-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Not really. Just that I usually arrived late at Mel's because I'm too busy to get there on time. It's not really worth going if I don't get there until 7PM. Life is just too busy. I don't expect anyone to change things to accomodate lil ole me, it's just disappointing that it keeps moving farther away.
OK maybe I'm not all that busy, but it is even farther from us.
I can probably make it almost as often, but I do spend a lot of time driving aimlessly anyway.

I'm glad Joe found a good safe place, but it does add another 1/2 hour to the round trip.
I am more concerned about the people that I work with that have nice cars.
I used to see them at H D. I saw very few of them at Mel's.
This ain't gonna help bring in Nashua area people.
Let's hope it brings out the Concord Crowd.

SVT10th
08-26-2010, 10:43 PM
A favor to ask....
If any of you go to some cruise nights or other car events, could you spread the work about the change in venue? We're working on pretty short notice, and we want to try to get the word out.

Here's a link to a printable PDF version (http://www.nhmustangclub.com/cruisenight-Hooksett_flyer-BW_2010.pdf) of the flyer if you want to print some out.

Thanks we really appreciate it!

chachee52
08-26-2010, 10:47 PM
I think that this has tons of potential to be a big show because for the first time since I started going to the cruises it's in a location RIGHT on the main drag so everyone can see it. Seeing it = people telling others = more people going. From Nashua, it's like heading down to Kimball's on Thursday night in Westford. I know TONS of people that do that. It's no further, might even be a little closer.
Hope to make a few more now that my crazy summer is over.

slammit06
08-27-2010, 06:35 AM
What about some of your retarded Mass members??

Ed trust me we thought about this very issue with concern for all of our cruisers not just our one retarted mass member:lol:. The target show on amherst street for example isn't the easiest place when it comes right down to it because of the amount of lights you have to go through to get there and it's 2 miles of the interstate. The flip side of that show is the parking situation, the financial support from sponsers and of coarse the amount of exposure from it's location from passer bys. This is the same thing we are striving for, but with limited places in the southern third of the state that will appeal to many with all the above facters mentioned, this isn't an easy web to weave.

The biggest thing I would like to see our members and non members that currently go to our cruise nights(or have stoped due to mels parking situation), is to support and promote our efforts by telling your friends(mustang owners or not) and help spread the word that your club is doing everything they can to put on a quality cruise night and that you are part of it and proud as well.

Jim,thanks for the updated flyer. I will be printing out several color copies tonight and heading down to target to pass them out. I was planning to go to the track tonight to test a new tune pete gave me to break the 120 barrier, but I need to get this stuff done so again thank you for your efforts.:thumbsup:

Hutch
08-27-2010, 08:59 AM
As a not so retarded MA member I think the move will be a good thing. Parking in the dirt was getting old very, very fast and from what I have read that's not what the club signed on for. Hopefully we will be appreciated a little more at the new location.

Mr03mach1
08-27-2010, 09:48 AM
OK maybe I'm not all that busy, but it is even farther from us.
I can probably make it almost as often, but I do spend a lot of time driving aimlessly anyway.

I'm glad Joe found a good safe place, but it does add another 1/2 hour to the round trip.
I am more concerned about the people that I work with that have nice cars.
I used to see them at H D. I saw very few of them at Mel's.
This ain't gonna help bring in Nashua area people.
Let's hope it brings out the Concord Crowd.

Here's my :twocents:...... :soapbox:People will go if they think the trip is worth it. Going to the Nashua Target show is a 45min
to 1hour drive for me @15mph but I put up with it because it is a good show with consistantly high turnout, I'm
there almost every Friday. I've made the trip down to the Liberty Tree Mall show another 45min to 1hour drive in traffic
but again another good show with great turnout, so I'll keep going. We need to make our show worth the trip also........

Joey, I will print and handout Fliers from now on when I go to these shows, let me know what else I can do to help..:pepsi:

TorchRedSVT
08-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Tom..you heading up to Nashua tonight? Ed and I will be there

Joey...we'll see ya up there punk!!

LILBLKSNAKE
08-27-2010, 10:39 AM
If you guys can get me the flyers, I'll start passing them out with my stacks of Motorhead magazines!!

Mr03mach1
08-27-2010, 11:50 AM
I'll be there!

slammit06
08-27-2010, 05:40 PM
I will be there tonight with some flyers and should be there around 5:30.

Xerxeese
08-27-2010, 06:05 PM
I hope the turnout is better than when it was at the body shop in Manchester....

Hutch
08-28-2010, 08:28 AM
Passed out 50 flyers at the Tewksbury show last night. Plan a short stop at Rockingham this evening and I'll leave a pile of them there also.

TorchRedSVT
08-28-2010, 04:28 PM
were you at the papa gino's? I drove by there on my way up to the cruise night in Nashua

badass98svt
08-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Was there a reason why this change can't take effect next season? Just seems a little late in the season to start messing with the location.
Will next years fathers day show be in that parking lot? Or will that be at Mels?

LILBLKSNAKE
08-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Was there a reason why this change can't take effect next season? Just seems a little late in the season to start messing with the location.
Will next years fathers day show be in that parking lot? Or will that be at Mels?

It's better to familiarize people with the new location now, so that next season we won't have a bunch of strays wondering where cruise night is. Maybe next season you'll be able to make it??

badass98svt
08-29-2010, 11:41 AM
But if you started next season, you have all winter to get the word out, not just 2 weeks.
Was just curious anyway lol.

LILBLKSNAKE
08-29-2010, 06:53 PM
you have all winter to get the word out

I have all winter to find a new "Curse of ED" winner. Stop hogging the award!!!

SVT10th
08-29-2010, 06:58 PM
But if you started next season, you have all winter to get the word out, not just 2 weeks.
Was just curious anyway lol.

This way we have two weeks PLUS all winter! :thumbup:

rhoidahl
09-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Hey Joey -- I want to thank you for all your hard work as club show chairman. I was a little apprehensive at first about the move to Hooksett, but now I feel the move is a good one. For us who live in the Derry/Salem area, we can simply go up Route 28 (nice ride around one side Lake Massabesic). Home Depot was great as it was so close; Mel's wasn't that far from a distance standpoint, but it a half hour to get there (also not really a problem when enjoying the trip in our rides). The problem with Mel's was the management, as you well know. I am looking forward to the first couple cruise nights in Hooksett; good opportunity tomorrow at Cruisin Downtown to really publicize the new location (bring a ton of flyers)...

glstangs
09-04-2010, 12:38 AM
This locations visability is awsome. You will have people comiing in as they drive by. I remember how packed the Burger King on Rt102 in Londonderry used to get before the cruise night had to move. I think this location is better than that one and will become huge. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know. I'll be at Elm St tomorrow.

sgtbigmac
09-06-2010, 01:30 AM
I'm looking foward to the new location...I'ts fine w/ me!

(Retarded from MA)

slammit06
09-17-2010, 02:23 PM
K all the weather is lookin perfecttttttttt for tomorrow's first cruise in our new spot, so I hope to see as many of you guys as possible. I want to make this sat cruise night come next year just as strong as target and I know it is possible with 300 spots for parking yeah that's right up from 150 the facility has given us 300 spots!! I am heading out to ricks to get the long tubes installed in a few minutes and hopefully tuned early next week, so I will see ya'll soon.

Joey.

KARMAN
09-17-2010, 10:55 PM
I have other things to do...
OH SCREW THAT. :burnout:
I"LL BE THERE.:thumbup:

ToplessPony94
09-17-2010, 11:59 PM
I have other things to do that can't be postponed (as usual) :sad::doh::thumbdown:, but I will try like hell to get them done early :willy_nilly: and I will try to make it. :burnout2:

smitty2919
09-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Is this still starting at 5? I didn't know if it would be earlier since it gets dark sooner now.

Xerxeese
09-18-2010, 12:12 PM
I dont feel like going back through the thread to look, so I will be lazy. Did someone post directions yet ?

Mr03mach1
09-18-2010, 01:14 PM
see you guys tonight!!!!!!!!!

smitty2919
09-18-2010, 01:18 PM
I dont feel like going back through the thread to look, so I will be lazy. Did someone post directions yet ?

First page there is the flyer with directions on it. 93 to exit 9N

Jibber
09-19-2010, 09:47 PM
How did it go?

slammit06
09-20-2010, 05:39 AM
We had nearly 70 cars and advanced auto came through with flying colors giving away 4 25 dollar gift cards 4 huge pales stuffed with goodies. We also gave away stuff and usa subs had a great night too. The owners gave me coupons to give to everyone that came in with a car worth 10% off the purchase and they will be doing that every week. The 50/50 was $101.00 to the winner. I would say by next year we will be filling that parking lot.

SVT10th
09-20-2010, 01:54 PM
That's great ! Wish I couldve made it. Maybe this weekend...

TorchRedSVT
09-20-2010, 03:22 PM
im gonna try and make it this saturday .........weather permitting of course

fredfordguy
09-20-2010, 09:40 PM
im gonna try and make it this saturday .........weather permitting of course
same here

LILBLKSNAKE
09-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Probably going to go, even though I already pulled the COBRA for the year

Mr03mach1
09-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Thanks for our new spot Joey!

Jibber
09-21-2010, 12:35 AM
Probably going to go, even though I already pulled the COBRA for the year

Did you even drive it this year? Just watching news tonite. I know alot can change but they had showers in the forecast for Saturday. We shall see. I work in Hooksett so I will be there if its nice.

slammit06
09-21-2010, 03:06 AM
Thanks for our new spot Joey!

You bet tom.

1BADSNK
09-22-2010, 12:17 AM
Pete is tuning the cobra sat morning. I will be at the new spot Sat night with the Cobra. I miss everyone & hope to catch up. Hope the weather is good.

slammit06
09-22-2010, 01:46 AM
Hey matt long time no hear or see for that matter. It will be nice to catch up with you sat and good luck up at pete's, I will be going there tonight for a retune myself.

TorchRedSVT
09-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Matt...what the hell is up buddy...I heard a rumor you sold the cobra?!?! I guess that's not true!!

Look forward to seeing ya

LILBLKSNAKE
09-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Pete is tuning the cobra sat morning. I will be at the new spot Sat night with the Cobra. I miss everyone & hope to catch up. Hope the weather is good.

I'll be at Pete's saturday doing a photoshoot of the new building for the Motorhead magazine. What time?

1BADSNK
09-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Ed, I have the time written down in my truck. Its like 10:30 or 11am. I'll check & post up the time for ya.

"Matt...what the hell is up buddy...I heard a rumor you sold the cobra?!?! I guess that's not true!!

Look forward to seeing ya "

Lots to talk about bud....Hope to see you there. :)

SmokinStang
09-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Missed the 1st one as a result of a wedding, but..............I plan to roll into this Saturday evenings 09/25 Cruise Night.

Quick reminder that this kicks off at 5PM.

03redfiregt
09-23-2010, 02:17 PM
i think i may also attend!

LILBLKSNAKE
09-23-2010, 04:08 PM
i think i may also attend!

We're going to Performance Dyno in the afternoon if you wanna go with us, then head to cruise night.

bdass92
09-25-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm leaving in like 10 min so i'll be up there soon....:burnout:

LILBLKSNAKE
09-26-2010, 01:04 AM
Pretty good turnout tonight!! Overall a great day for me!! Spent all morning at Performance Dyno with Pete, Matty G, and Jim/Tammy then after cruise night hung out at Applebees with Tim and Jim Parsons

slammit06
09-26-2010, 04:31 AM
I want to thank all that attended it was good to see ya, mark, matty your cars are looking awesome as always. I guess we may very well run into october a little further if weather holds out so we will have to see. I believe our original intention was to go up to october 2nd, but said that maybe a few more weeks. I believe that we will have one of the only cruise night running by then not sure but either way this place is going to pack in by next year.

I hope amy or somebody took some more picks last night, we had some new cars and think we will see a big turnout next weekend if weather is good for us. Have a great day everyone!

only5.0s
09-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Great spot for the new show. Should be well attended.

Enjoyed a steak bomb at USA subs and a Great cruise down 28 on the way home.

Only problem was I parked next to this guy(Tim) who is even more particular than I am and he makes my car look DIRTY..!!!

Blue95GT
09-26-2010, 10:33 AM
I hope amy or somebody took some more picks last night, we had some new cars and think we will see a big turnout next weekend if weather is good for us. Have a great day everyone!

Oh... I did..:thumbsup:

Prolly wont get around to uploading them until later tonight or tomorrow though..

Jibber
09-26-2010, 09:35 PM
That is a great spot. Nice find Joey. Lots of exposure. Had some fun. Thanks to ED for helping me fix my stripped screw problem. Such a great night.

03redfiregt
09-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Great spot for the new show. Should be well attended.

Enjoyed a steak bomb at USA subs and a Great cruise down 28 on the way home.

Only problem was I parked next to this guy(Tim) who is even more particular than I am and he makes my car look DIRTY..!!!

haha!!

TorchRedSVT
09-27-2010, 09:32 AM
grrrrrrr, pissed i missed it...oh well.

SVT10th
09-27-2010, 10:29 AM
grrrrrrr, pissed i missed it...oh well.

There's at least one more week... maybe more... :thumbsup:

TorchRedSVT
09-27-2010, 11:09 AM
yeah but not gonna get 85+ degree weather.......

SmokinStang
09-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Some pics from week #2 at the NEW location.......Thanks Amy!!:thumbsup:
http://www.smokinstangs.com/showthread.php?1592-Cruise-Night-9-25-Pics&p=15913#post15913

slammit06
09-27-2010, 07:03 PM
yeah but not gonna get 85+ degree weather.......

What are you saying here ian?? the car can't come out unless it's 85 or you? I guess I am going to have to come down there and snap on to your glass bubble that the cobra sits in and drag it up to hooksett.

slammit06
09-27-2010, 07:06 PM
That is a great spot. Nice find Joey. Lots of exposure. Had some fun. Thanks to ED for helping me fix my stripped screw problem. Such a great night.

Stripped screw problem ken? What is that all about? I assume you worked it out before you left there with ed's assistance. Thanks for comming up ken and look foward to seeing you again.

TorchRedSVT
09-28-2010, 11:00 AM
its a convertible....i like warm weather!!!

PROTREE
09-28-2010, 11:50 AM
Stripped screw problem ken? What is that all about? I assume you worked it out before you left there with ed's assistance. Thanks for comming up ken and look foward to seeing you again.

the cheesy single screw that holds the entire cai in to the fender apron popped ..........and who is ken ?? lol

slammit06
09-28-2010, 06:33 PM
the cheesy single screw that holds the entire cai in to the fender apron popped ..........and who is ken ?? lol

Typo..or early morning post either /or it was good to see you Kevin........

slammit06
09-28-2010, 06:35 PM
its a convertible....i like warm weather!!!

Turn the heater on or has the heater switch never been used? oh never mind looking at your signature the tops do go up!!!

LILBLKSNAKE
09-28-2010, 10:11 PM
I got to drive Ian's car home from his wedding!!! I LOVE that thing!!!

TorchRedSVT
09-29-2010, 09:22 AM
hahahah hey joey...thanks for the drunken voicemail last night....CLASSIC!!!!

Heat and AC have never been turned on in the Cobra..it only comes out in perfect weather conditions:biggrin:
We'll see if I decide to bless you with my presence for the rest of the season

SmokinStang
09-29-2010, 10:24 AM
hahahah hey joey...thanks for the drunken voicemail last night....CLASSIC!!!! That's a riot!!
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff165/PULNGZ/SS%20Info%20Area/drunk-dialer-1.jpg

http://blackbookexclusive.com/wp-content/woo_custom/23-drunk_dialing.png

Jibber
09-29-2010, 11:08 AM
I got to drive Ian's car home from his wedding!!! I LOVE that thing!!!

I bet you didn't beat on it like he did to my car. It seems like that story has gone viral. Everyone knows about Ians "beat" on session with my car. Who else have you told Ian? I've never driven a convertible. hint hint

SmokinStang
09-29-2010, 11:59 AM
It seems like that story has gone viral. Everyone knows about Ians "beat" on session with my car.I think that the WHIPPLE turned Ian into a monster!!!:vhappy:
http://image.popularhotrodding.com/f/10483458/0808phr_02_z+roots_centrifigul_screw_superchargers +whipple_blower.jpg

REFERENCE ONLY: Whipple's website: http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/

LILBLKSNAKE
09-29-2010, 12:34 PM
I bet you didn't beat on it like he did to my car. It seems like that story has gone viral. Everyone knows about Ians "beat" on session with my car. Who else have you told Ian? I've never driven a convertible. hint hint

I babied his car!!!! Next time, I'll pick you up and we'll get him back!!!

TorchRedSVT
09-29-2010, 02:19 PM
shit...kev...you told me not to baby it!!! I already apologized lol.......I didn't even drive it that hard either hahahaha

and yeah Bob....I am a changed man after that ride for sure. I definitely owe you a drive in mine, it's only fair.

slammit06
09-29-2010, 02:57 PM
hahahah hey joey...thanks for the drunken voicemail last night....CLASSIC!!!!

We'll see if I decide to bless you with my presence for the rest of the season

:rofl:
Ha Ha oh ian would you do me the honors?? lol The weather is to be stella this sat so break out the bubble obra and I will let you park next to me:hehehe:

slammit06
09-29-2010, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=SmokinStang;16018]I think that the WHIPPLE turned Ian into a monster!!!:vhappy:
http://image.popularhotrodding.com/f/10483458/0808phr_02_z+roots_centrifigul_screw_superchargers +whipple_blower.jpg

Dammm bob if blowers were porn stars dis one be da queen...