PDA

View Full Version : Auto detailers

taronis
02-01-2010, 08:28 PM
as it is difficult for me to wash my car these days, I was wondering if anybody here could recommend a good car detailer. My car generally remains in the garage and doesn't get all that dirty during the season. most often all it needs to do is dust it. however, at the beginning of the season I like to get it well detailed. I was wondering if anybody knew a good detailer, preferably one that is mobile. Thanks a lot guys.

SmokinStang
02-01-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm going to PM you a local guys name and number. He is perfect for the job!

See Ted we are here to help.......

SmokinStangs.com.........A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum.
"Where our Members Smoke the Competition!"

taronis
02-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Thanks a lot I appreciate It.

jmac72187
02-01-2010, 10:00 PM
If you need another, I have a fellow auto crosser that details everyone in the auto cross clubs cars. He does good work.

EastCoast5.0
02-01-2010, 10:03 PM
I do it on the side, and have everything mobile.

taronis
02-02-2010, 07:11 AM
Thanks everybody. It's good to know there's plenty of services out there. I like a clean But I can't do it myself too well. I generally just make a mess.

-Ted

gringojoe
02-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Quick question, do you guys "steam clean" your engines or could that be part of the detailing?

I try to wash it with simple green, but not getting the results i like. Plus, I drive it a lot which doesn't help I know.

I'm going to PM you a local guys name and number. He is perfect for the job!

See Ted we are here to help.......

SmokinStangs.com.........A Premiere Mustang Enthusiast Community-Based Forum.
"Where our Members Smoke the Competition!"

taronis
02-02-2010, 04:58 PM
There are several commercially available engine cleaners. Due to the now mount electronics under your hood I would not recommend steam cleaning modern engine. However there are several products available just to look form I don't do come to mind right away. I do know there's a engine cleaning solution from Griots Garage. I tried it, and it works better than simple green. Nevertheless a little elbow grease and simple Green does a pretty good job. Try looking up detailing supplies and you will find some cleaners. Good luck.

-Ted

ToplessPony94
02-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Yes, the Griot's stuff is really good. The Engine Cleaner is great, and so is the Engine Bay Dressing.

gringojoe
02-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Elbow grease.....i thought swearing wasn't allowed on these forums. :laugh:

Thanks for the replies guys.