PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell is the politics room?

taronis
02-01-2010, 01:09 PM
I've been meaning to ask you guys how our president is treating you. I'm not having a good time with him. I doubt many of you are having fun either. Well anyway I'm supposed to stay on topic so if you guys want to open up the politics wrote I'd be glad to add my postings. But until then it's on-topic. Hope to see you all this summer. I also hope to make it to the Father's Day today show this summer. However, you folks left allow me to pack on the pavement because it's really difficult to get around a grass field manual wheelchair.

Ted out

jmac72187
02-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Didn't we all already do this once?

Capriman86
02-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Politics and Religion shouldn't ever be allowed on a car forum IMO

jmac72187
02-01-2010, 04:38 PM

+1

I try not to do either of them with people because those are two things that will create enemies.

ToplessPony94
02-01-2010, 05:05 PM

+2

Plenty of forums for that crap - we don't need it here. :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumb down:

Below is a great place to insult people and argue your head off:

http://www.newsvine.com/

taronis
02-01-2010, 05:33 PM
The only problem of ignoring it these days is it is a threat to our hobby..... enemies are not.

jmac72187
02-01-2010, 05:37 PM
The only problem of ignoring it these days is it is a threat to our hobby..... enemies are not.

I bet you have made a real difference in this world arguing your views on internet car forums.

ToplessPony94
02-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Folks, I just discovered that the Ignore List works on this forum. The only probelm is that it only hides one side of issue.

jmac72187
02-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Folks, I just discovered that the Ignore List works on this forum. The only probelm is that it only hides one side of issue.

Should I shut up? haha

ToplessPony94
02-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Should I shut up? haha

No, John. I only meant that it doesn't hide things when people quote what they are replying to.

jmac72187
02-01-2010, 05:50 PM
No, John. I only meant that it doesn't hide things when people quote what they are replying to.

haha alright.

SmokinStang
02-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Gentleman......

I can see that this thread is taking a turn for the worst.

Tarnonis......We value the fact that you are interseted in the Political side of things, and I hope it's the same (and I'm sure it is) for many other members, as that subject involves everyone. But with that being said, this website is geared towards.......Mustangs. As stated in various parts of the website you will see this phrase mentioned, "We cater to all things Mustangs" The topic of Mustangs here is top of the order, as a hobby, and more so a Passion. When members are here on this site, it is a comfortable place, offering a means to.....block out....all other topics and the so-called outside world, and truly relax, and enjoy discussing Mustangs, and all things relevant, as well as eachothers conversations,.

SmokinStang.com doesn't and will not have a Section "Or Room" that caters specifically to Politics by any means......as there is a the rest of the Web, and I'm sure plenty of other venues to discuss that.......Probably in much greater detail as well! The topic of politics may end up discussed here on a round about way at some point, but never specifically as a main forum topic.

I will keep this thread open (with editing), so that you can discuss the matter......that you first brought up. The other members may opt to chime in on your thread.....but, like it said......it's far from top of the order to most here. If it continues to go south it will be removed, and an infraction may be applied.

In closing........I hope that you can and will participate in this community moving forward, as I understand that you have a Mustang Cobra........OF WHICH.........we all love and enjoy to discuss here. More so, your Cobra had been modified based on your needs. That my friend....is a topic that would be much more, well received...as well as other Mustang related topics, tech topics, etc.....also If i remember correctly your into cigars.......even that would make for a great starter topic!!

I am by no means the judge of who says what, and a firm believer in free speech....but, I need to ensure that we all stay on topic, and most of all thrive as a community.....linked by our primary passion.
SmokinStang

taronis
02-01-2010, 07:21 PM
All right folks you do not have to be harsh I was just asking. generally you don't get if you don't ask. So I asked. I also find that people don't like to talk about mistakes they made so obviously a few mistakes have been made here, thank you.

So onto cars.